Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cardifman

FSX E3 quick E3 heli video I made...

Guest JoJoDawg

Thanks looks great.Love the water reflection.

Guest Cardifman

Excellant!!! Thanks rjetster. The reflections off the water look really good.Rhydianwww.cessnasim.blogspot.com

Oh my! We're in for some really good fun later this year. I've flown fs for some 20 years now, but this is so incredible. Did you see the details of the platform? This really gives me a very good feeling. Waiting till the end of the year is getting harder and harder. Thanks a lot for the vid buddy.Eric from Eham

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

Thanks for sharing that video with us; What else have you learned? Have you had a chance to play with FSX? RH

No cockpit shots? Did they have that disabled? I'm really curious to see if we'll get fluid smooth gauge updates in the virtual cockpits of FSX.

WOW.....I certainly hope that I'll be able to fly the new FSX helicopters with that much precision.I haven't been able to do it with any of the last few versions of FS.Can't believe it!Just..WOW!

Guest nem

Thanks for the vid, great quality too, considering the circumstances. Regarding tail rotor effectiveness, does the following (quoted from www.hovercontrol.com Ground School) still hold true or has this behaviour been fixed?> One of the small problems with the simulator software is that the tail> rotor effectiveness is linked to the amount of collective you have > applied to the main rotor. This will add an unrealistic but challenging> aspect to your manoeuvres. At a time when you will need the pedals to > work the most, you might be lowering the collective which can make them > work less. This will likely affect you the most during hovers and > landing approaches. This is a pretty serious factor, which is > undoubtedly a major component in the frustration of new helicopter > simulation pilots.Regards,http://www.bremmekamp.com/img/misc/avsim.jpg

Guest Aidi

Great Video. I am sure we will be seeing a few more in the coming days.On the question of heli's, is it known if FSX will give helicopters true twin engines as yet? A feature that has been long awaited by the rotary fans.RgdsAidihttp://www.avsim.com/pages/0100/avsim_sig.jpg

Guest Cardifman

The camera shake I am guessing is from the guy taking the video. But actally, it looks quite realistic this way, as if there is something following the helicopter. It would be nice if we could have this option in FSX and switch it on and off when we want to use it. X-plane now has this effect in camera view and it is actually quite effective.Rhydianwww.cessnasim.blogspot.com