Hi all, from time to time, my P3D setup somehow gets corrupted water. As you can see on the screenshot below, from one day to the other, the boarder between coastal water and deeper water is clearly visible. I am aware that this is pronounced with certain PTA presets and using "water surface tuning", but all of the sudden, this visible difference does not disappear when restoring the original P3D shaders. I somehow also fear that it is related to REX Skyforce even if those presets do not change the water textures if I am not entirely wrong. Last time, I only got it solved by re-installing the scenery content of P3D, which I definitively do not want to do now (to much time needed, risk of breaking stuff). Or could it be related to something else? How can I fix it?

2019-5-8_19-23-41-9462qjbj.jpg

This is usually a result of the "Water Saturation" tweak values being different from the default P3D value (for which the scenery tiles are designed to blend with).

I find that if I leave that value un-ticked (or set it to default), all of the water is way too saturated - particularly around the coast of AU (and NZ) - so I tone it down a fair bit and put up with the slight discrepancy.

Adam.

Ok, thanks for the explanation. I was playing around with some merging of your preset with the one from Gerard (you remember: because of the darker night textures of Gerards preset and the overall better looks of your preset). And I realised that for my setup, a mixture between your preset and the water tweaks from Gerards preset suit best, with the water tweaks from Gerards preset, the boarder between the shallow and deeper waters is hardly noticeable anymore. Case closed (already) ;-)

So now you are having a Sald-Amsky preset ... 🙄

• Like 1