Sign in to follow this  
Whisper202

Adding liveries to QW 787 and 757 Help.

Hello,

I'm lost and need someone to point me on the right direction. I have search everywhere and have not found exactly what I'm looking for.

I have look everywhere for the Livery manager or something similar to it. In my computer , internet, even search here. I haven't quiet found it yet. Maybe I'm not looking in the wrong area??

I have gone back to QW website to see if I missed anything, but haven't notice anything. Can some help appreciated very much. Meanwhile I'll keep searching....thanks for your Help on this.

Don't know about the QW787, but the QW757 installs a program called QW757 Dispatcher - it's NOT called "livery manager', or anything like that. Perhaps if you search for that you will find it?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Go to START menu - All Programs - QualityWIngs- Ultimate 787 (757) collection - QW787 (757) Dispatcher.

Here you can install/uninstall liveries, but you'll of course have to find the repaints first here:http://www.qualitywingssim.com/v.2.0.1.8/Liveries.php

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

I could be very wrong about how I've been approaching this, so someone feel free to correct me. One thing when it comes to installing liveries is that it would be a good idea to note which ones go with which model/variant. It's not really that big of a deal since it will give you an error message and it won't install that particular livery if the model is not matched up. If you have a livery for both the 757-200 and -300 you will need to select each model and upload the corresponding liveries for that.

It's a good point. I wish the Dispatcher would be intelligent enough to automatically install it into the right model, even if you haven't selected the right one - similar to what the Aerosoft livery manager does for their Airbus series. I will note that the QW liveries tend to include in the name what type it is, ebing 752, 753 or 75f, though I don't think the file names include distinction on which freighter it exactly is.

• Upvote 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

40 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

though I don't think the file names include distinction on which freighter it exactly is.

Well they do... sort of... At least for the ones that I have downloaded and installed, ie. the Iceland Air Cargo, UPS and Fedex freighters.. The filenames include the letters "PF" and "SF" to distinguish between the package freighter and special freighter models, but I do agree, it can get a little confusing, and you have to pay close attention to which model you are attempting to install with the dispatcher.

Yeah, it can be a little confusing, but as Kevin mentions, it will come with an error message, if you don't pick the right livery.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Is this Dispatcher program smart enough to install liveries in the right place?

I.e. if I have my 757 installed using xml (D:\AIRCRAFT\QW757, rather than D:\P3D\<wherever>)

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

38 minutes ago, Mace said:

Is this Dispatcher program smart enough to install liveries in the right place?

I.e. if I have my 757 installed using xml (D:\AIRCRAFT\QW757, rather than D:\P3D\<wherever>)

That's a good question, I opted for the default installation, and for me the dispatcher is found in D:\program files\P3D v4\quality wings.

When you say installed with "xml" did you use Lorby or something..?? Perhaps Lorby is intuitive enough to know the correct paths etc, and make the proper adjustments when you install the QW 757, otherwise you might have to edit the appropriate files manually.

55 minutes ago, SunDevil56 said:

That's a good question, I opted for the default installation, and for me the dispatcher is found in D:\program files\P3D v4\quality wings.

When you say installed with "xml" did you use Lorby or something..?? Perhaps Lorby is intuitive enough to know the correct paths etc, and make the proper adjustments when you install the QW 757, otherwise you might have to edit the appropriate files manually.

Yes I used Lorby's tool.  

BUT and it's a big but...I haven't quite gotten all the components working.  I'm hoping some of the gauges do not have P3D\Gauges hardcoded into them, but I suspect they might...

I may have to give up and let it install where it wants to.

• Upvote 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

As of this moment, it does not appear that the Dispatcher actually installs liveries into the P3Dv4 sim.  My downloaded selected liveries are present in the Dispatcher model areas and saved but the aircraft.cfg files in P3D do not have installed new liveries, only the default liveries.  Am I missing a step after associating downloaded liveries into the Dispatcher - the Dispatcher does not translate the liveries into the sim that I can find.  Is there a next step?  The manual is not helpful here at all.

Scott Smith

Edited by drumster53