Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

Push Back tugs have disappeared!

I realize that at some airports, particularly addons, tugs may not be displayed at a gate.

I am just now realizing that I have no push-back tugs displayed anywhere, including gates that I am sure were available in the past. Note that the other ground vehicles are displayed like luggage tugs and trailers.

Under options>settings>display I have Airport Vehicle Density set to maximum (full right).

I fear that somewhere a line item has negated my push-back tugs, but I have no idea where to look.

Respectfully:

RTH

Didn't accidentally delete them from the simobjects/groundvehicles folder?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Thank you Charliearon!

My "GroundVehicles" folder is still there, and to my knowledge I have never opened it before.

I am not sure exactly what they are called as I do not see the term "push-back" for anything. Best guess is "VEH_tractorCab".

I have backups from when I am pretty sure this problem did not exist. I renamed "GroundVehicles" and copied one of the old folders and cranked FSX up again. Still no tugs to push back the aircraft.

Thanks again!

RTH

1 hour ago, rhodges said:

I realize that at some airports, particularly addons, tugs may not be displayed at a gate.

I am just now realizing that I have no push-back tugs displayed anywhere, including gates that I am sure were available in the past. Note that the other ground vehicles are displayed like luggage tugs and trailers.

Under options>settings>display I have Airport Vehicle Density set to maximum (full right).

I fear that somewhere a line item has negated my push-back tugs, but I have no idea where to look.

Respectfully:

RTH

Have you ever had GSX installed? Reason I ask is because GSX eliminates the default tugs that are located in this file Scenery\Global\Scenery\vehicles_airports.bgl

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

1 hour ago, rhodges said:

Forgot to mention that the advance animation slider also has to be turn to the right.

You might also want to see this thread.

I turn airport vehicles to minimum (I get too much ground traffic and FPS and VAS reduction otherwise).  Sometimes I see a tug and sometimes I do not.  Actually I would say 25% of my airline flights I do not see a tug.  Even if a tug is not visible the pushback commands still work.  That is with scenery complexity and advanced animations maximized.  That is for default FSX:SE ground services.

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

Good Afternoon All:

cmpbellsj: You  gave me the solution. I forgot that I even had GSX. After a little research this old memory clicked in and remembered that it was a dreamfleet installation along with a dozen of their excellent airports. I executed FSDT Live Update and now see the push-back tugs. Thanks so much for pointing me the right way.

BF Bullpup: I run with just about all sliders full right. Thank you for your suggestions.

Thanks all!

RTH

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rhodges said:

cmpbellsj: You  gave me the solution. I forgot that I even had GSX. After a little research this old memory clicked in and remembered that it was a dreamfleet installation along with a dozen of their excellent airports. I executed FSDT Live Update and now see the push-back tugs. Thanks so much for pointing me the right way.

RTH

Glad to hear that you got it fixed. There are only a few reason why you wouldn’t see them, so I’m glad I was able to jog your memory.