Sign in to follow this  
JMR

New pictures of FSX over at SimHQ - Aircraft Carrier - WOW!

Guest Cardifman

Thanks Wingnut1.This bit sounds really good. Well to be honest it all sounds pretty good. Not many new details though..."Shared SkiesMicrosoft is enhancing the multiplayer experience with more content and ease of use when it comes to flying on line with your fellow aviators. Voice over IP and a client/server set up versus the current peer to peer option."From what SimHQ say it sounds like a hefty PC is needed to run it and from the screenshots I totally believe them. This is starting to get really exciting...roll on November!Rojanwww.cessnasim.blogspot.com

Guest skruer

Great observation.This only makes the waiting even more painful.

Guest BlueRidgeDx

Maybe I'm seeing things...so somebody check me on this:In the carrier shot, I think I see an SH-60 Seahawk (or a variant thereof) parked next to the F-18's right behind the island.Ooh ooh, I think I see another one over on the angle deck too!Wild speculation follows:Helo AI?!Cool.Nick

Guest grapesh

AI Giraffes = Aerial safari mission? :) =S.V.=

Guest JoJoDawg

Great shots, love the detail even in the tug truck.Well if we have AI animals then there is nothing stopping us from programming humans walking down the jetways to our planes. Can't wait for more.

Guest Cardifman

A dynamic populated flight simulator world has been lacking since the franchise has started, and i really welcome it. When I first started playing around with FS (FS 5) I always found everything so bare and empty. Only so much could be filled with third party scenery addons. But it is nice to see this rectified in this version. To be honest the ACES team (or any other developer, for that matter) are always stuck between a rock and a hard place in terms of what to include for the next version, they simply cannot apease everyone. However, the inclusion of real dynamic scenery plus a "real" connected multiplayer community is a MASSIVE step forward and its really going to appeal to the third party community which is so important in keeping FS alive. In future versions it would be nice to see more resources spent on fine tuning the aerodynamics and enviromental skills of the simulator. However, for now, I love it, I am going to buy it and Microsoft/ACES, keep it coming!!! Rhydianwww.cessnasim.blogspot.com

Guest tdragger

People? Oh, that's right. You guys haven't seen the "real" video yet.

That first comparison shot, anyone know where that's at? I'd like to compare it with 3rd party add-ons for FS9 for laughs and giggles.