Sign in to follow this  
Deltaair1212

P3Dv4.4 errors

Hello. After hearing a lot of good things about RC I decided to give it a go. To my understanding the program is compatible with P3Dv4. When trying to install the program it is a much different story. The install wizard is trying to find a FSX.exe folder (which I don’t have) so I pointed it to my P3D main folder and it wouldn’t take the bait. So my question is, how do I get this program to work with P3D? Thank you 

Just create a text file and then rename it to FSX.EXE. That should work.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

12 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Just create a text file and then rename it to FSX.EXE. That should work.

Hello Sir, thank you for your swift response. I did just that but I still get an error saying “Registry key for FS X not found please browse your FS X directory and press OK”. I put the “dummy” FSX.exe folder I created and put it in my program files. 

Where is P3D installed to? You did place that file in the main P3D folder I hope? Your message isn’t very clear talking about Program Files.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

My P3D is in my program files. I placed the FSX.exe file I made in my P3D folder. I ran the RC install wizard and it still says it can’t locate FSX...

9 minutes ago, Deltaair1212 said:

My P3D is in my program files. I placed the FSX.exe file I made in my P3D folder. I ran the RC install wizard and it still says it can’t locate FSX...

There are restrictions when P3D is inside Program Files. I would suggest you move it to a folder outside it. That requires uninstalling and reinstalling. However, try running the RC setup with admin privileges. That may solve the problem.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

7 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

There are restrictions when P3D is inside Program Files. I would suggest you move it to a folder outside it. That requires uninstalling and reinstalling. However, try running the RC setup with admin privileges. That may solve the problem.

I did try the latter and it still won’t work. Do you running P3Dv4 as well? 

Yes, v4.4 currently. I have installed RC4 on my P3D computer just so I know it works okay and can provide support. I normally run it on another computer via WideFS.

It’s late here so if you can wait until tomorrow (12 hours) I’ll check how I got it to install without FSX installed.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

If I can chip in.

My P3D is in its own folder on its own drive: F:\Prepar3d v4. All I did was run RC installer and point it to that folder and all worked. No dummy files needed.

I think your problem is that you have programs in Program Files. Those locations should be avoided like the plague.

Ian Harrison

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

@IanHarrison, I agree. My memory is a little vague when I installed RC4 and muddied with the many posts about this problem on the forum. Clearly creating a dummy FSX.exe has worked for some but it all depends on various circumstances.

Uninstall and reinstall to a location outside the Program Files folders. D:\P3Dv4 is mine.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,

Glad you agree. If he gets it to work the next post will be about missing msmtffflllxxcc.xml or whatever the thing is called.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

9 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

Hi Ray,

Glad you agree. If he gets it to work the next post will be about missing msmtffflllxxcc.xml or whatever the thing is called.

😁 comdlg32.ocx. It’s burnt into my brain!

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi guys and thanks for the replies. As much as I would like to wipe everything clean and start over on another drive, I just can’t find myself to do so with everything I have on my sim, it would take me weeks to get everything back to normal. I have done it before because of an OS error and sucks. So I’ll avoid that for as long as possible. I will however note that I do not have FSUIPC 5 installed on my sim. Embarrassingly I never used the program before because I never really saw the point. I now realize RC needs the program to run. To my understanding it does try to download it’s own version but since I have P3Dv4 I need to purchase the 64 bit version correct? Maybe this is the hold up?  

I suggest you wait until P3D v5 is released. That would be a good time to install it outside the Program Files area. I did once move a FSX installation on a friend’s PC which then meant editing every reference in the Registry changing the old path to the new one.

Whilst it took the best part of an hour it was certainly a lot quicker than uninstalling and reinstalling everything. Keep that in mind should you have the time, patience and skill.

Whilst I have bought the full version of FSUIPC5 there is a freeware one that will work with P3D v4. You can get it here. https://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather