Sign in to follow this  
Iceman2

Shadows FIX in 4.5

I’m still on 4.4... mainly because I’ve PTA’d my night lighting to where I think it’s perfect for me.

However the cloud and terrain shadows depending on the angle of the sun are very annoying when they disappear or suddenly appear when turning or panning.

Did this get fixed in 4.5?

Edited by Iceman2

17 minutes ago, Iceman2 said:

Did this get fixed in 4.5?

No

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings Iceman. The general consensus of the community at this time is to create two profiles and uncheck cloud shadows (and any other sort of terrain/tree/building shadows) during for dusk/dawn/night flights. This will allow you to avoid this issue temporarily and easily switch profiles for daytime flight. Lockheed is aware of the issue and are "Working on it"

9 hours ago, Bt103504 said:

Greetings Iceman. The general consensus of the community at this time is to create two profiles and uncheck cloud shadows (and any other sort of terrain/tree/building shadows) during for dusk/dawn/night flights. This will allow you to avoid this issue temporarily and easily switch profiles for daytime flight. Lockheed is aware of the issue and are "Working on it"

Agree with you there. Exactly what I have been doing except I just pull up the settings inflight select or deselect the shadows depending on the time of day.

Thanks for your post.

IM

This bug is there since the beginning of P3D. I dont think it will ever be fixed in the current engine.

Roi Ben

2 hours ago, roi1862 said:

This bug is there since the beginning of P3D. I dont think it will ever be fixed in the current engine.

There have been so many fixes and enhancements to the current engine. Of course 64 Bit and VR are two big ones. The Dynamic Lighting disappearing issue has been fixed. 

My theory is that things take longer to add/fix because of the divided attention with the exclusive Professional Plus features. 

• Upvote 1

This. And if it’s hardbaked into the engine it may take a looong time to be unbaked and/or rebaked etc. 

Edited by UAL4life

5 hours ago, roi1862 said:

I did hear rumours that LM was working on a fix. Was hoping 4.5 may have had the fix. They did do lots with the new lighting effects amongst other good fixes and stuff.

Carry on LM 👍

I agree. LM has brought back to life this old engine.

Roi Ben

14 hours ago, pracines said:

The Dynamic Lighting disappearing issue has been fixed

It is true ?

I have not tested a nighttime since v4.5

But I know that I have 3 4 airports that when I arrive the DL does not work so that at the beginning I have no problem.

I understand that it came rather from developers and effects files ...

7 hours ago, Axis3600 said:

It is true ?

I have not tested a nighttime since v4.5

But I know that I have 3 4 airports that when I arrive the DL does not work so that at the beginning I have no problem.

I understand that it came rather from developers and effects files ...

It is true. Flying at night has been greatly improved in V4.5. DL does not disappear anymore.

Go see for yourself....fly at night.🌚

2 hours ago, pracines said:

It is true. Flying at night has been greatly improved in V4.5. DL does not disappear anymore.

Go see for yourself....fly at night.🌚

Absolutely. Flying at night is a complete new experience with 4.5 (+EF+SF3D).

• Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).