Sign in to follow this  
Michiedds

Runway Lightning

Hallo together,

with all the new shader programs, reflections, shadows and lightning in P3D,  the scenery gets more darker when its cloudy.

Is there a possibility to enable runway / taxiway lightning during daytime?

I know that LM turns on the runway lights when it is foggy or time reached. But now it is sometimes dark but not night enough for the simulator. 

Its a question for all Airports,too.

In some addons you can switch on the lights the whole day (bad wheather ops).

Maybe a thing for the LM guys, because I think it has to do with the P3D base files.

Help is very appreciated. Thank you very much! 

Hello!

You can play with this in the Prepar3D.cfg

[GRAPHICS]
Day_Threshold=XXX
Night_Threshold=XXX

The inconvenient is to see also the city lights and night textures on daytime.

See here 

You might want to edit the title... I was expecting to see a screenshot of some lightning striking the runway...

Seems to be a common problem on international fora, the use of lightning and lighting...

🙂

In answer to your question, some developers incorporate the ability to have the runway lighting active at all times in poor weather, or from dusk until dawn, controlled by the graphics parameters that BlueSky mentioned... those parameters affect the lighting globally though, so street lighting is also affected. This would be on some configuration panel...

Andrew

Edited by aentwis

5 hours ago, Michiedds said:

In some addons you can switch on the lights the whole day (bad wheather ops).

a handful from what I see / use (4 of 20) ...... & the one's that can are using SODE.

for now, cheers

john martin

The OP could have meant lightening because of darkening?:blink:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

1 hour ago, charliearon said:

The OP could have meant lightening because of darkening?:blink:

Very enlightening! 😊

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals