Sign in to follow this  
enrico10999

P3D V 4.5 useful tweaks ?

15 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Preaching to the choir.

Just agreeing with your YMMV comment.. :wink:

• Like 1

Bert

FWIW - For me, I have always found that setting the graphics setting in the GUI to unlimited (and thus the FFTF value to 0.01) made for smoother performance.  However, this did cause autogen to display late at times.  I finally tried the FFTF Dynamic program and it solved this by adjusting the FFTF to higher values as the altitude increased.  Smooth performance and no more late autogen.

Others swear by locked FPS so to each their own.  Just what I found that works for me.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, pads103 said:

I finally tried the FFTF Dynamic program and it solved this by adjusting the FFTF to higher values as the altitude increased.  Smooth performance and no more late autogen.

Excellent point! Many users swear by that addon. It does a great job in eliminating the lost AG.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

3 hours ago, vgbaron said:

Not weird at all. The FFTF is NOT a one size fits all tweak and FFTF- 0.15 will easily cause issues in a system that is challenged. The valid ranges are from 0.10 to 0.99 with a default of 0.33 and depending on your system .15 may or may not work.

We have enough people blindly copying settings and running into problems. If one wants to post a "tweak" it would be best explaining the setting and noting what works for you.

IMHO, the weird response was yours.

Vic

Most config tweaks are not a one size fits all.  The FFTF tweak is one of the most useful tweaks there is.  To label it as not useful I just found misleading.  With today’s six and eight core cpu’s a FFTF setting of 0.15 works very well on a wide range of systems.  

Matt Wilson

Display]
MaintainSystemCopyOfDeviceTextures=0

This is for Multi-GPU/SLI configurations and should alleviate the case where the 2nd GPU needs to read a texture off disk.

Graphics]
ENABLE_MEMORY_OPTIMIZATION=0

reduces malloc for AG but increases memory usage

This one does a few different things. Turning it off will cut down on memory allocations needed for autogen batches at the cost of extra memory. It should also improve loading when changing airports, because it won't unload your textures before changing locations. This will result in a spike of CPU/GPU memory usage during and shortly after changing locations.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 minute ago, BlueSky31 said:

[BUFFERPOOLS]

UsePools=0

=> FPS increased

FFTF=0.1 works very well for me.

This is a very old one from many years ago. Don’t know if it does anything nowadays....

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I know but it still works for me with FPS limited at 60.

Just try and see 😊

Edited by ng0057a5

On 5/9/2019 at 7:08 PM, mpw8679 said:

Most config tweaks are not a one size fits all.  The FFTF tweak is one of the most useful tweaks there is.  To label it as not useful I just found misleading.  With today’s six and eight core cpu’s a FFTF setting of 0.15 works very well on a wide range of systems.  

I do agree that 0.15 is a nice compromise between 0.1 (fps unlimited) and 0.33 (fps locked)...  Eating crow here.. :wink:

Right now, given that FFTF Dynamic is MIA because of incompatibility with the V4.5. Hotfix,  0.15 is a good value to try.. :cool:

• Like 1

Bert

Since the "word not allowed" message showed I'll just delete the entire post. All this PC nonsense is, at times, a bit much.

Edited by W2DR
  • Upvote 2

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

On 5/13/2019 at 1:47 PM, Bert Pieke said:

I do agree that 0.15 is a nice compromise between 0.1 (fps unlimited) and 0.33 (fps locked)...  Eating crow here.. :wink:

Right now, given that FFTF Dynamic is MIA because of incompatibility with the V4.5. Hotfix,  0.15 is a good value to try.. :cool:

.. and now FFTF Dynamic has been updated to work in V4.5.1.

:smile:

• Like 1

Bert

On 5/10/2019 at 1:26 AM, GSalden said:

Display]
MaintainSystemCopyOfDeviceTextures=0

This is for Multi-GPU/SLI configurations and should alleviate the case where the 2nd GPU needs to read a texture off disk.

this is supposition, I don't use SLI..

I think this one might need to be reviewed in light of SLI on RTX cards which changed drastically. GPU memory in  SLI is now (I believe) mapped as a single flat address range whereas it used to be per card. if the 'system copy' was an aid to SLI loading textures in two address ranges then that might not be necessary any more.

deleted

Edited by jpf
duplicate

It did not take long to get into the FFTF debate. All I will say is watch this video here on these very forums and draw your own conclusions to if 0.01 is a valid number. 

I use 3 tweaks and they are system dependent.

1) An AM to make P3D run on my main cores

2) Use in W7 task manager to put all addons CP/ASP4/EF/ProATC on the threads not used see #1

3) As I never have any texture loading problems at all I can spare unnecessarily wasted CPU usage and use FFTF 0.01 to make my sim run like it's on unlimited but is locked at 26 within P3D (Sorry Vic I respectfully disagree with you on that one)

NOTE: Anything from Rob A is worth taking note of. 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Finished the first phase of the full installation of 4.5 HF1 and I'm so glad that all the features of PTA finally work.

I still see tiles loading in the distance. Is there a tweak that will stop the distant tile loading.

Thanks!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.