Sign in to follow this  
turner112

Tidbit of info from E3

"Of course it can. But, why bother when it will be included in FSX at no extra charge???"Oh, don't get me wrong - I think an implementation within the software would be great... I'm just curious to see what happens when a crafty 8-year-old decides to try to put aircraft "in contact" with each other.And... hey - I haven't seen any radar screen shots yet...Andrew

Guest sclincoln

>And... hey - I haven't seen any radar screen shots yet...I have 133 screenshots saved and I haven't even seen any panel shots yet, so...

There are no screenshots yet because the panels won't be available until after the DX10 patch. They need full DX10 capability to get the shadows for the gauge mounting bezels to show correctly with changing sun positions.

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest JSPuonti

That can't be, considering that the game will be released to the masses before the DX10 patch. Ergo, reviewers will have it before the DX10 patch, and reviewers are known to show any aspect of the game they have the time to show. No doubt panels will be shown in reviews. And let's not forget the mass of end-user screenshots that will litter these and other forums as soon as people get the game installed...So, since reviewers and end-users will be showing screenshots of the panels prior to the DX10 patch, I see no reason why Aces wouldn't beat them to it and post some panel shots before the game is released.

I just watched 1 hour 30 minutes with peter Moore and Bill Gates presenting the new games for windows and xbox360. All they showed from FSX was a 5 sec clip demonstrating how good Vista will run games, they didnt even talk about FSX, how dissapointing is that.

>>That, I don't know. However, I don't know how well it would go>over if FS had build-in ATC features that let you act as an>air traffic controller; with the sheer number of units sold, I>can't see how the network of ATC wouldn't get filled with>people who either don't know what they're doing, don't take it>seriously, or are simply trying it out of curiosity and making>things rough for "serious" simmers.>>AndrewWell, without knowing anything about this or if even there will be Multiplayer ATC type controlling available, I would say let's think about how this could work.Using the IF word in programming is like majic. I would tend to think that ATC in FSZ will be SIMILAR to what we have in FS2004, except they opened the program to an outside (multiplayer) "source".So the source see's a command window come up with some options:Source (ATC person) Command Window:1. AMR234 You are Cleared to Land2. AMR234 Go aroundClient Command Window: (what the pilot sees pop up)1. Roger, Cleared to Land2. Roger, going aroundSo if the source does not GIVE an option to the client within "x" seconds, then FSX automatically detects there is no response and default ATC kicks in (on the client) with the same message sent to the client (depending on situation so IF no aircraft on runway THEN send command #1 to client, and so on.. It could work!The trick in making it work is timing, AND limiting the actions both ATC and PILOT can perform.Just a guess!

Yes - thinking about a "User ATC" feature that may or may not be coming in FS, I'm sure of the idea that a set list of transmissions must be available for those playing without voice support. (As well as for those with voice support..)I suspect that, much like XBOX live and so forth, there will be a "buddies" list - i.e. a group of individuals with whom you'd like to interact, and, perhaps more importantly, a way to screen out those you don't. ;)The benefit of setting up groups is obvious, so my guess is that any particular ATC sector is available many times over, and you join the one you want, like a game of Backgammon on Yahoo.Best would be if ATC worked well, and that unmanned sectors would be controlled by virtual ATC, which ought to be able to hand off to and from other sectors, whether human-controlled or otherwise.-----------Andrew

>I just watched 1 hour 30 minutes with peter Moore and Bill>Gates presenting the new games for windows and xbox360. All>they showed from FSX was a 5 sec clip demonstrating how good>Vista will run games, they didnt even talk about FSX, how>dissapointing is that.There's more to come, isn't there??

Guest JoJoDawg

I think I read somewhere that it might be happening tonight. FSXXXXX come on..... ;)

It's funny, you'd think that MS would make it well known when (or if!) they are going to make a presentation. Wouldn't they want the maximum publicity? It seems with these sort of things the press conferences are veiled in the same amount of secrecy as the development.

Guest nem

> There are no screenshots yet because the panels won't be>available until after the DX10 patch. They need full DX10>capability to get the shadows for the gauge mounting bezels to>show correctly with changing sun positions.Yeah, panels will come with Block F. No, wait...Regards,http://www.bremmekamp.com/img/misc/avsim.jpg

What I haven't seen mentioned, and what I sorely would like to see, is if AI ATC works with multiplayer.I think you imply this to be so, but I have not seen anywhere mentioned that it is so. Just because a user can act as a controller in multiplayer does not necessarily mean that AI ATC works in multiplayer. Am I wrong?Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com/FC_StartJava.html] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg