Sign in to follow this  
TimothyNathan

Licence after disk clone

I cloned my small clockwork disk onto a large solid state one and everything is perfect except that both GTN and GNS report licence issues.

However, they both still work fine.

I want to avoid the painful relicensing methodology if possible (PoS and licensing is the worst thing about the product and company, by a country mile).

If I just ignore the licensing warning, and continue using the products, what's the worse that'll happen?

I really advise NOT to show purchase-codes publicly.  I have hidden the post.

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

For this kinda questions its best to ask the maker of the product involved.

Besides that, a bit more positive reaction to the fact I removed you personal codes might be appropirate.
Giving your codes to the public might cause you severe trouble.

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Any negativity arises from the fact that I thought that this was the support forum for the product and I am not getting support.

Please, having been so kind as to delete my post, for which I thank you, could you tell me, the quickest, simplest and most effective way of getting the support I urgently need?

When the products you are talking about are Reality XP products , you might expect an answer to your question here, as this is a Commercial Support Forum ( hosted by AVSIM )

I am moderator for AVSIM but NOT a moderator for this forum when we are talking about the products and licences. ( I have no knowledge nor authority about the products ) 
When I see personal codes published by accident I take action only.

For an answer to your question I think its best to wait a while for an answer  OR contact the vendor of the product directly as I suggested before.

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

On 5/9/2019 at 9:23 AM, TimothyNathan said:

meaning I have to go through the pain.

Hi Timothy,

I'm sorry for the delay but from your forum post I was under the impression you did reinstall to resolve this.

There is no other way than re-authenticating the license, you can't just 'move' the files from computers:

http://reality-xp.com/store/faq.html

See: How do I reinstall my software?
And: What if I lost my password, I changed my email address, or need a replacement certificate?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)