Sign in to follow this  
philmurfin

NVIDIA driver is not compatible with this version of Windows

Hello,

I have built a new intel i9 9900k PC running fully up to date Win 10 64, fine.

Next I installed an RTX 2080ti and downloaded the latest drivers, i go to install the driver and I get this message " This NVIDIA graphics driver is not compatible with this version of Windows".

Apparently, it's a common problem but thus far, I have found no solution, any help please?

Best

Phil

1 hour ago, philmurfin said:

Hello,

I have built a new intel i9 9900k PC running fully up to date Win 10 64, fine.

Next I installed an RTX 2080ti and downloaded the latest drivers, i go to install the driver and I get this message " This NVIDIA graphics driver is not compatible with this version of Windows".

Apparently, it's a common problem but thus far, I have found no solution, any help please?

Best

Phil

Did you install Win 10 with another Nvidia card then swap to the 2080TI without to uninstall the Nvida driver? It can happen if you for example have a 1060-1080TI then swap to 2080TI you need to uninstall the nvidia driver with DDU.

Did you try the card manufacturer's drivers?  Either from a CD that accompanied the card or download from their site.  It's always good practice to use the manufacturer's drivers first, then upgrade to nVidia's latest drivers.

HTH,

Greg

A follow on question on about the same subject.  I recently installed a ASUS EX-GTX 1060 in my old wheezy Dell XPS 8500 to try to extend its life for a couple of more years.  After installing the card, I used to enclosed CD to set up the card.  Then I upgraded the drivers with the latest drivers from ASUS.  No problems as far as performance goes and FSX-SE and the PMDG DC-6 works much better.  Are there advantages to installing NVIDIA drivers from anywhere other than those offered by ASUS?

I do notice that some problems with Firefox.  Sometimes active buttons don't show so I have to use Edge to get things to work.  I'm running Win 10 64 bit Home.

Thanks in advance to your ideas.

Jim Driskell

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

Thank everyone for your help, I followed all the tips from her and on a Nvidia forum as follows. I uninstalled the driver using DDU, I disconnected from the internet to prevent windows installing anything else, I re booted and hey presto it worked.

It's wonderful now but, I've wasted a day on this!

Thanks again

Phil