Sign in to follow this  
severniae

ATSimulations AN-2 released! (Sibwings)

Hi All,

I just received word from ATsimulations that their AN-2 has been released! I had the Sibwings version then later the Aerosoft one, both were good but here's to hoping this one is better.

http://atsimulations.com/

• Like 1

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

from features list I understand that she is closer to Carenado than A2A sim level, am I right ?

Artur 

I haven't tried it yet - but the Sibwings version I would say was somewhere in between the two. All the internal systems work, and as they should - so somewhat better than Carenado level. 

The Sibwings version did have some ground handling issues, but I don't know if that's been corrected in the new version yet - I'll update later. 

It doesn't have the fancy engine management that A2A does, but let's be frank, there are all the other devs, then A2A above them all!

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Looks like a pretty nice upgrade to the original Sibwings AN-2.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Hi everyone,

Which one you would say has the edge in a) systems and b)modelling/texturing between the ATS and Aerosoft version ? From screenshots both versions seem to have done a very good job.

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

You can get it for 50%off if you bought it from Sibwings and put your email address in the coupon box when checking out.

That Anushka is to be reborn  from her ashes is good news.  Have flown thens of hours in the boondocks with that one.  Thanks for the HU.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 hours ago, domkle said:

That Anushka is to be reborn  from her ashes is good news.  Have flown thens of hours in the boondocks with that one.  Thanks for the HU.

Can you recommend some good boondocks scenery for the An-2?

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

8 hours ago, Mace said:

Can you recommend some good boondocks scenery for the An-2?

The usual suspects 😊, the Orbx sceneries for Alaska, CRM Idaho and Montana, PNW and Papua New Guinea (Jacksons & Tapini). I posted recently three short videos on the Avsim Video Forum on flights in Idaho, PNG and Alaska. Not with the AN-2 but that they give an idea of what you can expect. Nice landscapes, plenty of small  airfields and dirt strips.

Anushka is a lumbering girl but she will bring you almost anywhere. Sibwings made a real nice model for it, good flying, nice worn out interior, flywheel and clutch engine starting, very decent engine management. Pity they went AWOL.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Does anyone know how to disable the damage or auto failures with this or the octopus-g aircraft? I know, I know, I SHOULD fly it correctly, but I'm a noob so any help on how I could disable it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I'm pleased to say that my paints for the 'old' AN-2 still fit the 'new' AN-2. They're on my Mediafire (AN-2) or on AVSIM library.

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.