Sign in to follow this  
dbw1

Saab 340 for X-plane

New to X-plane and looking for opinions on the various Saab 340 options. Looking for more complex, accurate replication. I flew the Saab for a few years. Thanks.

Dave

28 minutes ago, kristolz said:

An oldie, but goodie: The Les Saab for X-Plane :)

That's the "only" choice!  It is the Saab 340A I believe

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I have the Carenado Saab 340. Systems are OK, but nowhere nearly as complex as the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 in P3D, for instance. I cannot compare to the LES, but if I recall correctly, LES modelled the Saab 340 A, while Carenado modelled the Saab 340 B.

When it comes to Carenado systems, you should ignore any comments on their airplanes for P3D. The systems for their X-plane models are done by a different company. Systems are better than in P3D, but not up to highest standards.

Peter

• Like 1

Thanks for your thoughts. I’m looking to get my first one or two payware aircraft for X11. If I may ask about a couple more.....FlyJSim 722&732 plus the Tolis A319. These all look  pretty good but being from the P3d side where I know who builds to what quality level I’m a little lost here. Thanks again.

I prefer the FJSim 732 to their 722 mainly because it's more up to date but they're catching up with the 722 and a brand new Q400 is in the works.  The LES Saab 340A is being brought up to date with the latest XP and should be a dandy.  The detail quality in this sim is growing by leaps and bounds - getting to the point you can identify screws heads, slotted or philips.  Don't overlook that ZIBO MOD 738 - continuously evolving/FREE/already excelllent.

Edited by olderndirt
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, dbw1 said:

Thanks for your thoughts. I’m looking to get my first one or two payware aircraft for X11. If I may ask about a couple more.....FlyJSim 722&732 plus the Tolis A319. These all look  pretty good but being from the P3d side where I know who builds to what quality level I’m a little lost here. Thanks again.

I love the Tolis A319.  It has a nice feature with the manager where you can set up your approach and record it.  Then keep flying it over and over again.  It's a great training tool.

Of course for the Airbus, the Ultimate A320 from Flight Factor is amazing.

• Like 1

I can't comment on the ToLiss, but I have both FlyJSim aircraft, and they are awesome! The graphical modelling is superb, and they are quite challenging to fly, as you can blow up the engines etc if you are not careful. I can't speak for the flight modelling however, as I'm not a real pilot.

Comparing the ToLiss/A3xx with older Boeings is rather irrelevant, as they are from completely different eras, with completely different approaches to automation, as I'm sure OP knows. If you like hands on flying, managing throttles, radios, CIVA etc - you can't go wrong with the 72/73 from FjS :)

When the LES Saab 340 came out it set new standards, and would still be the one I'd go for even if it is a 340A (which means no FMS) providing it is compatible with XP11.

• Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

11 hours ago, ckyliu said:

When the LES Saab 340 came out it set new standards, and would still be the one I'd go for even if it is a 340A (which means no FMS) providing it is compatible with XP11.

Agreed....  Although it does have the default Laminar GNS530 in it... and with a little work the Reality XP GNS 530W will work in it too....basically as good as the default FMS.

Here I've got mine with the RXP GNS530W @dbw1

33943249778_3dd91612a4_o.pngsf342 by ryan b, on Flickr

46904243795_8aefa82905_o.pngsf341 by ryan b, on Flickr

Edited by ryanbatcund

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks for the replies. I'm surprised how good the basic Xplane G530 is...really no complaints. So with Les Saab having it that is probably the way to go. Just bought the ToLiss A319. As to FlyJSim it may be the 722.

Next is decide on a weather and then a traffic add-on program. I have been happy with ASN in P3d.

I am so surprised what an interesting and good sim Xplane has grown into with 11.33.

Dave

The problem with current weather addons is they're using the default textures which are limited.  I like UWXP but that's just personal preference.  Months ago I purchased the WT3 traffic addon and still don't have a clue.

Another Dave 

Just purchased the LES Saab 340 , The only bug I've stumbled on is using ASXP I get no airport

weather reporting on  Comm 1 (122.00) ,all other aircraft are OK.

Mike

1 hour ago, MAHLER said:

Just purchased the LES Saab 340 , The only bug I've stumbled on is using ASXP I get no airport

weather reporting on  Comm 1 (122.00) ,all other aircraft are OK.

Mike

Check your Saab audio control panel volume settings.

Edited by JGregory

All interior sounds are audibly OK, but no ASXP reports on 122.00

Mike