Sign in to follow this  
dbw1

Saab 340 for X-plane

4 hours ago, MAHLER said:

Just purchased the LES Saab 340 , The only bug I've stumbled on is using ASXP I get no airport

weather reporting on  Comm 1 (122.00) ,all other aircraft are OK.

Mike

When you have a moment would you give me your thoughts on the LES Saab 340......systems depth, flight model etc? I.E. Does it have a functioning CTOT and AutoCoursen? Nav is the X-plane Garmin 530?...which I find is surprisingly good in the KingAir that comes with X-plane. Thanks,

Dave

1 hour ago, MAHLER said:

All interior sounds are audibly OK, but no ASXP reports on 122.00

Mike

Did you check the COM1 volume slider on the pilot's audio panel ?

2 hours ago, dbw1 said:

When you have a moment would you give me your thoughts on the LES Saab 340......systems depth, flight model etc? I.E. Does it have a functioning CTOT and AutoCoursen? Nav is the X-plane Garmin 530?...which I find is surprisingly good in the KingAir that comes with X-plane. Thanks,

Dave

At last count, 4 airlines in the US, and REX airlines in Australia, are using it for flight training.  CTOT and Autocoarsen are fully functional.  We put the Garmin in due to multiple requests from people who wanted to fly it on Vatsim, but couldn't enter given waypoints without it.  

Hi. Thank you for the reply. Just to confirm that this is indeed compatible with X-plane 11.33? If it's the same Garmin 530 that's in the X-plane King air C90 that would be great. About 20 years ago i flew the Saab (B&B+) for a few years and very much enjoyed my time in it. I understand this is the A model.

1 hour ago, GoranM said:

At last count, 4 airlines in the US, and REX airlines in Australia, are using it for flight training.  CTOT and Autocoarsen are fully functional.  We put the Garmin in due to multiple requests from people who wanted to fly it on Vatsim, but couldn't enter given waypoints without it.  

People on vatsim couldn't fly a visual approach if it's not programmed into their FMS hah

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

15 minutes ago, dbw1 said:

Hi. Thank you for the reply. Just to confirm that this is indeed compatible with X-plane 11.33? If it's the same Garmin 530 that's in the X-plane King air C90 that would be great. About 20 years ago i flew the Saab (B&B+) for a few years and very much enjoyed my time in it. I understand this is the A model.

It "works" in 11.33.  It was originally made for X-Plane 10, and updated several times for X-Plane 11, but the engine model was left alone until about a year ago.  That's when we decided, after seeing severe engine temp spikes on start up, and somewhat over sensitive throttle inputs, to overhaul the engine code.  We're at the tail end of working on a rather significant update that will take care of all issues in 11.3x.  It's still perfectly flyable, and all systems work as they always did.  Just the engines are clashing with the default engine code that was added for XP11 and producing unusual results.

The Garmin is indeed the default Garmin.  Nothing too drastic was done to it, other than giving it a start up screen.  It was only added as a tool for the waypoint entry scenarios.

And you are correct.  It is, indeed, the A model.  

Edited by GoranM

Hi. Thank you for the reply. Just to confirm that this is indeed compatible with X-plane 11.33? If it's the same Garmin 530 that's in the X-plane King air C90 that would be great. About 20 years ago i flew the Saab (B&B+) for a few years and very much enjoyed my time in it. I understand this is the A model. Is there a new update being created currently?

is it worth waiting for the new version? 

Just now, dbw1 said:

is it worth waiting for the new version? 

The free update will be done soon.  No ETA's, but we're getting close.  Unlikely it'll be ready before the expo.

The big, XP11 dedicated update, which will be a paid upgrade, with re-coded systems, new mesh and PBR textures, won't be done for a while.  If I said end of this year, that could be possible, but quite ambitious.  If you get the one available now, you'll get a significant discount on the paid upgrade.  It depends on how much you want it.  In the end, we'll make it a very fair option for you either way.

• Like 1

Thank you. Very fair and appreciated. I'm in. Buy at X-plane.org?

Just caught on that you have your own store....X Aviation? ....I'm new to X-plane...

Edited by dbw1

Goran, If you're at liberty to say anything on the timeline for the update that would be great. I've been waiting to buy. Thank you.

Dave

6 hours ago, dbw1 said:

Goran, If you're at liberty to say anything on the timeline for the update that would be great. I've been waiting to buy. Thank you.

Dave

The next update is free and should be "real soon".  The v2.0 update is a ways off.  We do not publish release dates.

Was looking for the update only.  I understand V2 is in the future.