Sign in to follow this  
W2DR

release date soon?

the microsoft site says in time for the holidays 2006my first thougth was Christmas but as i kept thinking where there is july 4th thats a holiday and then i was reading about voz pro for fsx and He states something to the effect of this summer and if i recall correctly it was in the summer when fs2004 was released, correct??it seems the feel is this summer but... am i on the right track or am i really out of line here?ciao!Brian S

Ciao!

I don't think any of us have any idea, but my guesstimate is sometime in October. For sure (well, almost for sure), it won't be this summer (northern hemisphere).Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Typically anything slated for a "Holiday" release would be expected to hit shelves sometime between the USA holiday of Thanksgiving in November and the middle of December. But as to the exact time-frame that the ACES team has on radar is yet to be determined probably later on into the late summer, early autumn months.

Guest sclincoln

Yeah. FS is almost always slated for a holiday release but it usually comes out earlier than that. Flight Simulator 98 Release Date: Sep 30, 1997 (US) Flight Simulator 2000 Release Date: Oct 31, 1999 (US) Flight Simulator 2002 Release Date: Oct 22, 2001 (US) (Probably would have been earlier except for 9/11) Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight Release Date: Jul 29, 2003 (US) (This one was probably a bit premature, hence the patch, but they had to get in on all the Centennial celebrations) All in all, it looks like right around October is typical for FS releases.

Yup summer in Oz starts in December...Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

Guest jrobert

How about, it'll be released when Microsoft says it's released -- and not a moment sooner! ;)

Guest Andre_Hedegaard

The most 'beneficial' would be a late northern hemisphere winter release, i.e sometime December-January.That would coincide with a planetary stellium in the sign of Aquarius. "Globility" being a keyword here.Thats comparable to taking a coke bottle, shaking it up and flinging it open. We already know whats mostly coming out, but be prepared for surprises........

Well i hope they release it October, however should it be delayed to January or February for optimization reasons that would ok with me too :).

Guest sclincoln

>"Globility" being a keyword here.Is that even a word? :-spacecraft

Guest TomLiAirplane

Let's just wait...Meanwhile spend some quality time with FSX screenshots.:-lol

>> Mobile + Global = GlobilityInteresting how you are focusing on Globility when what matters most is economics! I don't think MS gives a hoot about the New Age alignment of the planets when they know that stocking the shelves at the end of October is the sweet spot for hitting the holiday sales season.

Guest Andre_Hedegaard

Of course, you're right, I don't think they use astrological data either and the good thing is, they don't have to worry about that, as "The planets incline but do not compel us into action."These things have a way of working themselves out.About economics, I do hope they earn enough to sustain the series and every strategy is viable and without shame. Should the entire team somehow even earn themselves a million each...that would be a bonus. However, economics is about survival and the team are there because they enjoy what they do, to reap the benefits from autumn is just an indication of the sowing in spring.

Guest koorby

> and then i was reading about>voz pro for fsx and He states something to the effect of this>summer and if i recall correctly it was in the summer when>fs2004 was released, correct??>Er, I have no idea when FSX is going to be released - I'm pretty sure there's nothing on my site that says I do ....