Sign in to follow this  
Juergen

P3Dv4.5 and MakeRwys

Hi,

I installed makerwys v4.871 into the root folder of P3dv4 as well as the LorbySceneryExport application.  I run makerwys as administrator, however I immediately receive the following message:

Failed to make all of the data files!

Failed to make FStar RWS file!

Total airports = 0, runways = 0

I am totally in the dark of what's happening.

Any help would be appreciated.

Brgds

Juergen Mader

Did you first unzip the files and then place the makerunways.exe into the P3D folder?

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

1 hour ago, Juergen said:

Hi,

I installed makerwys v4.871 into the root folder of P3dv4 as well as the LorbySceneryExport application.  I run makerwys as administrator, however I immediately receive the following message:

Failed to make all of the data files!

Failed to make FStar RWS file!

Total airports = 0, runways = 0

I am totally in the dark of what's happening.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, your scenery.cfg file may have gotten corrupted.

Did you install a new scenery recently? Check the file and make sure all areas are numbered correctly...

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

Hi,

Did you first unzip the files and then place the makerunways.exe into the P3D folder?

Yes I unzipped the "MakeRunways_4871 zip file and placed the MakeRwys and LorbySceneryExport applications in my sim root folder(for me: C:\Fs P3d).

Did you install a new scenery recently? Check the file and make sure all areas are numbered correctly.

Yes, I did install new scenery / airports. What file am I to check and look for correctly numbered?

Thanks for help and clarification

Brgds

Juergen Mader

Do you cut, copy or just move the Make RWY into P3D?

Edited by Wennerholm

Follow the makerunways readme, just move the files from the zip container to the P3D root folder.  I recommend running makerunways with AS ADMIN rights.

Your error message told me that your addon from FStar (whatever that is) has mucked something up.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi,

I just found it: There was erroneous data in the scenery.cfg file (actually the last entry # 175). I deleted that entry, started makerwys and it ran normal (All main data files produced okay).

So I am good to go again

Thanks all for help

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Brgds

Juergen Mader

1 hour ago, Juergen said:

Hi,

I just found it: There was erroneous data in the scenery.cfg file (actually the last entry # 175). I deleted that entry, started makerwys and it ran normal (All main data files produced okay).

So I am good to go again

Thanks all for help

Well, except for  #175.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

175 was a leftover from some deleted airport

Brgds

Juergen Mader