Sign in to follow this  
DrumsArt

Aerosoft An-2 updated to version 1.1.0...

All in the title...

Changelog:

- implemented aircraft global condition. Each airplane with a unique board number will have own persistent condition of its engine, fuel system, electric system, lighting system, gauges, switches, etc.

- improved engine simulation: water in fuel and a metal chip in the oil will affect the engine's work

- cold start will cause engine power loss

- fixed engine startup if the magnetos have been switched off

- fixed assertion in the fuel tank selector

- fixed crash after several flight restarts

- fixed the sound of the starter when the battery became discharged during spinning of the flywheel

- improved radiologic - increased stability

- starter switch will stick to "clutch" position to help a pilot to engage magnetos by mouse to start engine more authentically

- added lamp that signalizes when the passenger door is opened

- tuned engine startup probability in cold weather conditions

- added sound for oil cowl

- added cargo door logic

- added maintenance panel (shift-2) to maintain engine/fuel/electric/lighting systems

- improved support of LINDA

- implemented a simulation of CHT

- implemented heater to start engine in cold conditions

- reduced lag of the manifold pressure reading

- improved slats behavior

- added a flying pet to the cockpit

- added military version of An-2 and VKS livery

- new Aeroflot livery USSR-92962

- modeled passenger cabin

- modeled cargo cabin

- more authentic cockpit of SP-ASR

- partially implemented ICOM IC-A210 for SP-ASR cockpit

Richard

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Just tried it, funnily enough on the same day the ATSimulations one dropped!

Gave both a go tonight - The new version for Aerosoft's version is a big improvement. There appears to be some engine damage simulation but I'm not sure how far it goes or what it is exactly modeling. Time will tell as I put more hours on it. Quite a few of the old gripes have been fixed, but sadly I still can't seem to get the lights to work.

simulations wise, it's very much the old Sibwings version with a few nice fixes. Ground handling is much improved and that was my most major problem. Also handling of the systems is a bit more basic than the Aerosoft - flaps move in detents rather than the smooth operation as in the real thing, same with the cowls, etc..

So far, it is very interesting and nice to have both of these in the hangar to play with!

• Upvote 1

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

5 hours ago, severniae said:

Just tried it, funnily enough on the same day the ATSimulations one dropped!

Gave both a go tonight - The new version for Aerosoft's version is a big improvement. There appears to be some engine damage simulation but I'm not sure how far it goes or what it is exactly modeling. Time will tell as I put more hours on it. Quite a few of the old gripes have been fixed, but sadly I still can't seem to get the lights to work.

simulations wise, it's very much the old Sibwings version with a few nice fixes. Ground handling is much improved and that was my most major problem. Also handling of the systems is a bit more basic than the Aerosoft - flaps move in detents rather than the smooth operation as in the real thing, same with the cowls, etc..

So far, it is very interesting and nice to have both of these in the hangar to play with!

Hi Richard, James

I understand from various reviews that the sound suite of the Aerosoft An-2 was not very good in the initial release. Any improvement since ?

Edited by domkle

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Hi Dominique,

You're right, the interior sound wasn't great, like others I replaced it with the exterior sound... I downloaded it but I couldn't try it until tomorrow...

Richard

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Thanks ! I just fired up the old Sibwings wench in v3.3 for old time's sake. What a nice bird. The sound suite  was not perfect either eg the loops in the inertial wheel whine for instance.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Sadly, the start inertia wheel sounds haven't been improved on the ATSimulations version either, hopefully there will be an update.

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg