Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

P3D version

Quick Q:

Are there big changes to move on from 4.4.16.27077 to the newest 4.5.11.29713 ?

Thanks!

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

About 25 FPS either way

• Like 1

I7-8086K Delid OC Synced all cores 5.2  Corsair Hydro Series, H115i PRO ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC)  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 SLI CORSAIR HXi Series HX1200i 1200W G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB DDR4 3200 Windows 10 Pro 64

PMDG 737NGX

Are you saying it will either slow your FPS, or the opposite? Why would that be?

Gaz 

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

1 hour ago, Shylock_35 said:

About 25 FPS either way

In General Buck Turgidson voice:

About 25 fps...depending on the breaks...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

1 hour ago, Gary McCluskey said:

Are you saying it will either slow your FPS, or the opposite? Why would that be?

Gaz 

Gary -- some users report decrease in fps, possibly due to scenery object handling.  Anyway, others report no fps loss.  Lockheed Martin is working on a hotfix to solve this problems some users experience.  Hope that helps.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

35 minutes ago, simbol said:

Gary,

Just wait for the Hotfix, which will be basically a new 4.5 version.

S.

May it be this weekend?

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

4 hours ago, simbol said:

Gary,

Just wait for the Hotfix, which will be basically a new 4.5 version.

S.

So will this just entail a "client" update this time? "Content" not required?

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

oh - too late. I'll keep away from it until I see another update.

I'm hoping it's a 'yes' answer to this, but do you know if it will include the install instructions?
(although I downloaded a new version, the version in the name on the setup zip, is different to what it says in the currently used app.)

Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

48 minutes ago, Gary McCluskey said:

oh - too late. I'll keep away from it until I see another update.

I'm hoping it's a 'yes' answer to this, but do you know if it will include the install instructions?
(although I downloaded a new version, the version in the name on the setup zip, is different to what it says in the currently used app.)

Gaz

Hi Gary,

You would install this in the same way as you would install any new P3D Version IE: Remove old client and Install new P3D Client, same thing with the content and scenery components.

Alternatively you can also perform a full clean install if this is desired.

Regards,
S.

20 minutes ago, simbol said:

Hi Gary

Thanks,but i assume I shouldn't be doing it yet? The last time I did it (this morning), it hasn't changed the version number in the software itself (4.4...). 

Can i just confirm with you that the right version that I downloaded late last night (4.5.11.29713) is right?, and that i just need to uninstall the client area of the software before installing just that?

Thanks

Gaz on Facebook

26 minutes ago, Gary McCluskey said:

Thanks,but i assume I shouldn't be doing it yet? The last time I did it (this morning), it hasn't changed the version number in the software itself (4.4...). 

Can i just confirm with you that the right version that I downloaded late last night (4.5.11.29713) is right?, and that i just need to uninstall the client area of the software before installing just that?

Thanks

Gary,

The new Hotfix hasn't been released, please monitor Lockheed Martin forums for updates.

Regards,

Thanks

Gaz on Facebook

Thanks mate

Gaz on Facebook