Sign in to follow this  
marcom

Released: Remote Overhead for the 777

Hi folks,

this new version adds a whole new dimension to the Remote Overhead. Not only is the Remote Overhead available for the PMDG 777, it will also work as a webapp directly on your favorite tablet / mobile device.

Go and grab the latest version right here

ovhd_777_night2.png

webovhd1.jpg

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

Hi Mark

Thank you for the excellent work you are doing. The overhead panel for the 777 is looking great!

Best regards

Andreas

Andreas Furger

I'm curious...how do you operate rotary dials using a tablet?

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

2 hours ago, w6kd said:

I'm curious...how do you operate rotary dials using a tablet?

Regards

Hi Bob,

that's a very good question - let me ellaborate.

I distinguish between knobs/dials that have discrete positions - such as the APU selector switch - and dials that have more 'freedom' - like the lighting controls.

In the first case (the APU switch), tapping left of the center will move it to the left (like a left-mouse-button click in FS) and tapping right will move it to the right. The click area is enlarged since tapping is not as accurate as mouse pointer clicking. That's where the zoom-in functionality comes into play.

In the latter case (the lighting controls), you can still tap left/right, but it's not as practical - you'll get a sore finger. Instead, you can tap-and-hold left/right of the dial and while your finger is touching the device, the dial will move smoothly in that direction - until you let go.

This way you can quite easily manipulate the controls with adequate precision.

You can also test all of this with the free version. You'll get a license warning the first 2 times you operate a control but after that it will no longer appear - so you can rotate the controls at will. They will just jump back to the value within FS after a period of time elapses.

Feel free to share your experience - I'm always interested in feedback!

Regards

Mark

Mark Foti

logo_avsim.png

2 hours ago, rob0203 said:

Thanks for the great product again!

Thanks for the feedback!

Out of curiosity - any preferences as to webaapp or standalone client?

Mark Foti

logo_avsim.png

Mark,

My first impression is that I like the client .exe, as I run it on a laptop and the screen is larger than my iPad. The Overhead is some fairly large real estate and it is kinda small on the iPad.

I run AS4, LittleNavMap, PSXseecontraffic (sometimes), and Overhead client on the laptop, so using the iPad instead is just adding another device on my desk.

I will say I'm surprised how well the interaction works with switches, buttons, and dials on the iPad.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Hi Mark,

I already have a license for the P3D 737NG remote overhead, which I run on a networked Windows 10 client PC and works fine.  The other day I purchased a license for the P3D 777 remote overhead and added the .LIC file to the simserver folder on my flightsim PC and on my client PC after updating the software on both machines.  On the server, the license status is correct.  But when I load the 777 on the flightsim PC and open OverheadClient on the client PC, the 737NG overhead shows up and not the 777.  I must have done something wrong, but what ?  Any help much appreciated, thanks.

Edited by EmileB

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Emile,

I also run the Overhead Client on a networked laptop, and I think I have the solution for you.

After launching the Overhead Client, click on the "gear" icon on the right side of the window to open the "Settings" dialog. The topmost drop-down "Aircraft Type" probably shows "PMDG 737 NGX". Click on it, then click the drop-down arrow and select the 777X variant you will be flying, either "Passenger Variant", or "Freighter Variant, click "Save" and it will pop up the correct overhead.

I'm assuming the Overhead Client opens with whichever you were using previously.

Kind Regards,

• Upvote 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Hi Steven,

Yes that's done the trick : thanks a million !

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I use The overhead for my pmdg 777 on my second PC.  Is There a way To cenTer iT on he moniTor?  iT is always on The lefT.

Edited by CPC900

Bruce Wood

13 minutes ago, CPC900 said:

I use The overhead for my pmdg 777 on my second PC.  Is There a way To cenTer iT on he moniTor?  iT is always on The lefT.

You can use the browser based version.

• Like 1

Mark Foti

logo_avsim.png

On 9/21/2019 at 4:39 AM, rgreenpc said:

Any chance the overhead for the 787 is coming?

Not as of now.

Mark Foti

logo_avsim.png