Sign in to follow this  
ckyliu

Too much REX

34 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

I would but REX's weather engines have traditionally been poorly regarded in the community, I think the word "simplistic" tends to feature a lot in feedback. I'm very happy with freeware FSXWX because it's so incredibly simple for great results, I  start it before I fly, input nothing to it and it just works without fettling endless pages of options that I don't understand (had that issue with AS16. I know everyone raves about AS but FSXWX does everything to my satisfaction and costs nothing so I will not be purchasing ASP4. It all comes back to that value thing I talked about in my opening post).

Well, you can use FSXWX with SF & EF so whatever you like :)  

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, ckyliu said:

I would but REX's weather engines have traditionally been poorly regarded in the community

I  start it before I fly, input nothing to it and it just works without fettling endless pages of options that I don't understand (had that issue with AS16. I know everyone raves about AS but FSXWX does everything to my satisfaction and costs nothing so I will not be purchasing ASP4. It all comes back to that value thing I talked about in my opening post).

Poorly regarded...?? That's news to me, but whatever...

As for the part about "endless pages of options", at least as it relates to AS4, that's just not how it is at all, at least IMHO it isn't.

Yes, there are some options available if you choose to use them, but they are by no means required, and you can easily just run it with the default settings and options, and it will provide an exceptionally satisfying experience. 

If you are happy using the freeware FSXWX, then by all means, continue to do so.

Or with the new smoothing feature of EF use the native weather engine of SF in which case those two would be opened. I've been using this combo instead of Active Sky on some flights and it has certainly improved the abruptness before EF was introduced. 

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

It looks like Orbx KSAN to me. Comes with a nice PR area and custom AG.

The approaches into KSAN are really nice. My only gripe is the poor jetways but GSX can fix that.

Shame on me. I should have recognized KSAN. Lived there for more than one year in 2001/02 ...

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

On 5/10/2019 at 3:18 PM, David Roch said:

.... and don't worry, you won't need a RTX2080Ti-SLI and i9999k to use them, even though it might help! 😁

MRzzPA.jpg

Does this look good at all? I think the multitude of addons is doing the sim a disservice here. In any case, pictures like this really show how outdated P3D's engine is...

• Upvote 2

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

12 hours ago, GCBraun said:

Does this look good at all? I think the multitude of addons is doing the sim a disservice here. In any case, pictures like this really show how outdated P3D's engine is...

Really? Here we go again.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

On 5/10/2019 at 8:13 AM, Nyxx said:

Install REX SF

Open the programme and within the texture, setting set the res to DTX5 512

Close, forget about it.

David.

Can you comment on this from the manual regarding whether to keep SF running or not:

If using another weather engine besides the one that is included within Sky Force, and you want the Sky Force 3D cloud structures to
adjust based upon weather conditions within the simulator as you fly, you must make sure the “Enable real-time 3D cloud model (structures) sync mode function is enabled in the Cloud Sync settings. Sky Force must remain opened in the background for this process to work.

Thanks 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

3 hours ago, somiller said:

Really? Here we go again.

beat  me  too it  🙂  was  wondering  when  the  that  v  that  sim  will  come  into it,  besides its  a  p3d   thread

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

tick..........tick.........tick.....

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

4 hours ago, skysurfer said:

David.

Can you comment on this from the manual regarding whether to keep SF running or not:

If using another weather engine besides the one that is included within Sky Force, and you want the Sky Force 3D cloud structures to
adjust based upon weather conditions within the simulator as you fly, you must make sure the “Enable real-time 3D cloud model (structures) sync mode function is enabled in the Cloud Sync settings. Sky Force must remain opened in the background for this process to work.

Thanks 

That looks like a quote from SF?

With EF running you don’t need SF open it will pull everything it needs from the SF install.

SF only needs to be open when running EF if you are using its weather engine. 

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

only  reason  you need  to open  sf  is  to  change  the  textures  or  your  using  sf  weather  engine

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

On 5/10/2019 at 9:13 AM, Nyxx said:

OK To stip it down to basic's

You don't say but I will presume you will have ASP4 weather?

This is how you could make your life as easy as it can get.

Install REX SF

Open the programme and within the texture, setting set the res to DTX5 512

Close, forget about it.

Install Rex EF.

Enter manual mode, set textures res to match above.

Set to Auto made.

The top two options turn off as ASP4 handles them two.

That's its.

Now all you do is start ASP4 & EF only, go fly.

EF will then import from SF what it thinks are the right clouds and structures for the given weather report. If you don't use sharder programmes like PTA/TS then just let EF do everything for you. It will in AUTO mode. 

Does that sound as simple as you would like it to be?

My PC spec is below and I really only fly the FSL. All runs well even into EGLL or anywhere else. 

I understand SF needs to remain running for dynamic cloud models/ structure injection?

Eric 

6 hours ago, Nyxx said:

That looks like a quote from SF?

With EF running you don’t need SF open it will pull everything it needs from the SF install.

SF only needs to be open when running EF if you are using its weather engine. 

This is what I am referring to. SF needs to stay running per the manual if you want dynamic injection.

Eric 

On 5/10/2019 at 3:13 PM, Nyxx said:

The top two options turn off as ASP4 handles them two.

Are your sure about this? I agree with the first it can be set off (according to manual). But the second I always kept on. There were also some discussions at REX EF forum that the first one can/should be kept on for cloud morphing.

Currently I have both on and it seems that everything works good, using EF + SF + ASP4 - no other shader mods. Again, EF instructions are not so clear as I wish them to be.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

42 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Are your sure about this? I agree with the first it can be set off (according to manual). But the second I always kept on. There were also some discussions at REX EF forum that the first one can/should be kept on for cloud morphing.

Currently I have both on and it seems that everything works good, using EF + SF + ASP4 - no other shader mods. Again, EF instructions are not so clear as I wish them to be.

Yes am sure, but, after people reporting smoother transition with the first option left ON ever when with ASP4. I’ve now done 4 flights with the first option ON and I also have found its seems to stop ASP4 abrupt cloud injections. I also within EF have set the transition time to 10 mins and ASP4 to 15 mins. So far I’ve not had and abrupt cloud loading but I have see loverly slow building clouds forming.

As for the second options I believe it’s not needed with ASP4, I currently have it turned OFF. But I don’t think it’s a big deal one way or the other.