Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

Looking to purchase another heavy.

1 hour ago, speedyTC said:

At $165.00 for the 200/300 pack, no, it isn't worth it just for the sounds. The -800 is the latest and greatest and the T7 is the old FSX job updated for P3D.

To the OP, depending on your level of immersion, realism and type (cargo v/s cattle) both (-800 and T7) have a place in your hangar. Clear as mud, right?  😀

Wrong

The 777 is specifically designed for p3d. The development pathway of the 777 for p3d and fsx was two different things.

so saying that the T7 is an update of the fsx product is wrong, and this is well documented as the Robert of PMDG said this in the 777 development update posts on the PMDG avsim support forums. And the features are different - so it’s not just “sales stuff” ..

Please don’t post misinformation...

In regards to op; I agree the 787 would be a different but awesome thing to try.. +30 day refund if you change your mind..

Edited by Sam
Nuanced PMDG statement

I have this same question in mind; "Looking to purchase another heavy."

I generally fly GA VFR/IFR in the PNW with live weather for the most part, although I do like the "heavies" as well on occasion to justify the Flightbeam/Orbx investment.

I was thinking on a PMDG heavy. In the past I purchased the PMDG 747 twice throughout its early developments under FSX (on disk). However, the thought of paying out (in CDN currency) again turns me off a little, even though I know they are quality offerings.

Having said this, I purchased the QW 787 and I am very pleased in 4K resolution locked at 30FPS. Everything is smooth. Yes, I have to baby-sit the VNAV mode at times, but I have completed auto landings quite successfully despite what others claim. Nevertheless, it also looks fantastic in (PBR) as well if one is privy to visuals and eye-candy. The sounds are adequate. It is also a beautiful aircraft to fly as hands-on as well. The price is also very reasonable.

Maybe PMDG down the road when they PBR the DC6 . . .;-)

Cheers 

Warren Jones

26 minutes ago, Ezra said:

I was thinking on a PMDG heavy. In the past I purchased the PMDG 747 twice throughout its early developments under FSX (on disk). However, the thought of paying out (in CDN currency) again turns me off a little, even though I know they are quality offerings.

Don't fear that. The 747v3 although beeing a 747, has nothing to do with the previous version. You can go for it hands down.

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

It is also worth noting that there are 15 variations of the 747v3.....

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png