Sign in to follow this  
brucets

Traffic Global

I bought the early access version of Traffic Global exactly one year ago today and the program still isn't finished properly. Does anyone really know what the heck is going on at Just Flight?

Bruce

Have you broached this question at Just Flight?

• Upvote 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

We all have. Nothing but smoke and mirrors from Just Flight or the developer who tends to disappear for months at a time promising this and that by such and such.... It's pretty much a bad joke. How people are still buying into this really makes me question JFs ethics.

So, fellow simmers, don't get suckered onto this so called early access. Until something solid regarding development is done, do not buy this.  You have been alerted.

• Like 1

My experience with JF to date has been different. I've bought other products from JF and their customer service is excellent - in my opinion of course..

Mind you the products have not been early access. The one product I'm having issues with is Sky Simulations MD-11 which is NOT JF's fault.. I have had no reply from Sky Sim and JF are just as puzzled as I am. They are trying to get hold of Sky Sim on my behalf - heck they even offered me a refund! I declined because I have to say that overall, I do like that MD despite its quirks. If only Sky Sim would bloody listen...and at least give us the common courtesy of a reply  :marah:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

We are trying to talk about our experience with Traffic Global. If as you state, you have not has the TG Early Access experience...well then.

I purchased Traffic Global twice and twice I have had my money refunded. The developers promised things but they did not come forward. The 2nd time I gave them a second chance as they started just before Christmas on there website but until two weeks ago nothing was forthcoming so I refunded a second time but there will be no third time as I have had enough with Traffic Global  and their promises. I have now seen that the developers are now working on a version  for X-Plane 11 leaving the Prepar3d V4 uncomplete. I rather like some of the things that Just Flight put out but never again will I use their Early Access nor will I purchase Traffic Global how good it is. Please heed the previous posts.

David

I don’t mind Traffic Global, Although I use it with VOX ATC, it seems to do what I need it to do.

I think with any “early access” product, we should understand and I think that most of us do, is that it is not a “complete” product and may not be for an unknown amount of time, I do agree this can be frustrating but I knew the deal when I purchased, it is explained to us before purchase.

What feature are you really missing in TG right now?

What is the program not doing that you really want it to do at this time?

The developer seems alright to me as well, haven’t noticed the “disappearing” act from them and have had all of the questions answered in a timely fashion that I have asked.

Cheers,

Greg Z.

A full year of so called *early access* without a reasonably finished product is flat out unacceptable!

With the traffic slider at 100%:

* Airports are dominated by a single carrier(static ac), with very few other carriers present. 

* There is very little, if any, movement of airplanes either taxiing, arriving or departing. 

* Very little atc chatter with ai enroute.

* International gateway airports in the US have almost no foreign flag carriers present and traffic is very sparse.

* The author has admittedly ceased work on the program several times for months -- just disappeared!

So far this program is a bad joke --- on us, the purchasers!

Bruce

• Like 1

The big one to me is the logic for the complier to scan your airports for available parking. Just compile the whole package and let the users get the traffic that they paid for. Then there's the incredibly limited airline fleets and sloppy repaints paired alongside the amatuer hour 24hr, 2 flights a day schedules. 

With AIG's far superior and free traffic available, it's a no brainer.

• Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

1 hour ago, Dave_YVR said:

With AIG's far superior and free traffic available, it's a no brainer

Odds are that you will still want some of the airlines from AIG.  

TG has no regional airlines and no cargo carriers or if it does it's none of the major ones.

Ernest Pergrem

I considered TG but wasn’t prepared to pay to buy a beta product. And questions on the JF forum went unanswered. I bought UTL instead and that has been okay.

But a week ago I downloaded AIG after hearing some really good reports about it. It took two days to install as every airline has to be installed individually.

The results are spectacular. Ai have never looked so good, I have more aircraft than UTL ever gave me and most importantly, it’s under continuous development via real enthusiasts.

I still use UTL but for GA only. I cannot recommend AIG highly enough.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Well said Ray, maybe one of these days TG will progress far enough to even be a beta but it has an incredibly long way to go to get anywhere near what AIG's free AI delivers right now.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I never buy early access products. I am on xplane and waiting for a good ai product but wont buy this when it comes out unless it's the full product.

There are plenty of products that are not early access. Stick with them if you want certainty. Most of these developers are small teams with other commitments like family so it's not unreasonable to disappear for a bit.

Edited by sanh

On 5/11/2019 at 1:58 PM, airernie said:

Odds are that you will still want some of the airlines from AIG.  

TG has no regional airlines and no cargo carriers or if it does it's none of the major ones.

No cargo is the worst. How can you not include FedEx and UPS? KMEM and KSDF have huge parking areas and nice facilities with the XP scenery here, yet they are empty.

I agree it is hard to believe UPS and Fedex are no where to been seen at their primary hubs, same story in P3D and a big disappointment.

Gary Stewart