Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Coolest FBO in the world!

I noticed this unique FBO in today's AOPA email feed. In my estimation it has to qualify as the absolute coolest FBO in the world!

DqtEY.png

https://bentwingflightservices.com/

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Wow! That brought a smile to my face. Another place I'd love to visit (my bucket list is getting rather long, and some of it is rather expensive!)

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I also posted this at FS Developer with the hope that some scenery designer will feel inspired to update the default building in the sim(s). :biggrin:

If you choose to visit their website, they have some cool pictures, and an even cooler video tour of the new building and facilities.

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

That is impressive. I would like to visit this to see the inside.

I think the next time I'm in St. Augustine, I'll zip over and have a look at it.

Thanks for posting Bill.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

5 hours ago, n4gix said:

I noticed this unique FBO in today's AOPA email feed. In my estimation it has to qualify as the absolute coolest FBO in the world!

DqtEY.png

https://bentwingflightservices.com/

Quite cool!  My fav FBO's were the one in Napa where I spent much of my life growing up, where I used to fly with William Garnett, and the one in Glendale Arizona, since that airport really took off when they opened the Cardinal's stadium and brought in super bowls, college playoff games, and name musical entertainment.  My daughter's high school graduation was even inside there as it was the only place that could accommodate all the parents and family that attended.  I was never even able to find her after her graduation, the stadium and crowd are that big, I went out one entrance, my wife out of another, and my daughter out of a third, so neither my wife nor I could find her or each other.

Here is a tribute to William Garnett again, his vintage Cessna was the first aircraft I ever was allowed to fly...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Garnett_(photographer)

John

Very cool.

Living in Florida, we have quite a few cool FBO’s here. We also have quite a number of aviation communities built around airports. You park your aircraft in your garage. Your driveway is a taxiway to the runway. 

The uniqueness of the building is what draws my accolades, as it is a direct tribute to the F4U Corsair, for which this was the primary airport for training pilots.

Fr. Bill    

8 hours ago, Camsdad13 said:

Very cool.

Living in Florida, we have quite a few cool FBO’s here. We also have quite a number of aviation communities built around airports. You park your aircraft in your garage. Your driveway is a taxiway to the runway. 

Makes me think of Jumbolaire north of Ocala. John Travolta lives here and flies his G2 and 707 from his house.

• Upvote 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

3 hours ago, 188AHC said:

Makes me think of Jumbolaire north of Ocala. John Travolta lives here and flies his G2 and 707 from his house.

Been there many of times. Such a cool place. They open the runway for racing there. I took my Hellcat last month. I haven’t seen the 707 there in a while. 

https://wannagofast.com/product/florida-2018-driver/