Sign in to follow this  
Guest JoJoDawg

How real will FSX be???

More real than FS2004. But still less real than real.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Well seeing that in reality nothing is "real" until an observer observes "it" - it should be pretty real when it comes out ;-)...............Randy J. Smith................CAUTION! My views represent no one but my own. While I do help companies test products - this in no way means I represent them in ANY fashion.[h4]Evolution is a process that results in heritable changes in a population spread over many generations[/h4]

As real as your imagination will allow it to be.Hope this helps,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development TeamActive Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter

Guest jrobert

Well, considering how the advancement of computer technology improves all the time, one might think that we'll have a type of "reality" simulator in about 50 years (maybe even 20). What I do sometimes is look at the history of flight simulators to see where flight simulators might take us in terms of reality in the future. My first flight simulator experience was a wireframe recreation of flight in a P-51 over Paris (sorry, I don't remember the actual name of the software) which ran on a Macintosh Classic -- sophisticated technology for 1987! After I experienced that, I was hooked for life! I bought my first Microsoft Flight Simulator shortly thereafter; it was version 4 for the Macintosh. It was the most advanced flight simulator for the home computer that money could buy. It had filled and colorized polygon representations of the aircraft and scenery rather than the wireframes that I was use to previously. Back then, who would have ever thought that you could fly an aircraft -any aircraft to anywhere in the world dodging mountain peaks and other land features that are topographically true-to-life, buildings that look very much like their real-world counterpart and the ability to fly in crowded skys; you're no longer alone in the flight simulator world! Just imagine what Microsoft Flight Simulator will be like in 20 to 50 years! Hopefully, Microsoft will continue to push the envelope in what its flight simulator is capable of for years to come.

anything is real for a given definition of real...I've often wondered whether what is generally considered real really is real, it seems so surreal on occasion...

Guest Cardifman

Probably about as real as your wallet can make it!Rojan

LOL :-beerchug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

well the reason he spent THAT much is because he used real parts for everything.there are plenty of people who achieve that sort of realism with about 20k or so.

Guest denez

It was p-51 Mustang !p51_4.gifGreat on my macintosh SE too !Souvenir, souvenir !FS-1-2.png

Guest PC509

Depends. The OLD FS series (I played on the 8088 IBM PC and C64) looked great to me at the time, not real, but you could tell what was being portraited. With the hardware advances, each version it gets more real looking. But, there will always be something that doesn't look quite right. Not until you can actally stimulate the rest of the nervous system rather than the visuals. I've seen some GREAT attempts at full virtual reality. Motion, audio, visual. You can get a good immersion factor, but no matter how good it all comes together, there is a piece missing. Just take it for what it is. A #### fine simulation that some take as a game. Wait another 20 years for the rest to come into place.

Guest Cardifman

Matthew Sheil is deffinately the master when it comes to sim building. I never realised he spent $300,000 dollars on his setup. That is on big chunk of dough! I spent a good part of my wages on my cessna 172 setup and i'm still purchasing parts for my sim and add ons for FS2004. When FSX comes out I will likely do the same thing again...but do you know what...I don't care. "I LOVE THIS HOBBY!!! AND ALWAYS WILL" :7Rhydian (Rojan)www.cessnasim.blogspot.com

Guest JoJoDawg

You'd think he'd would have a better visual system with that kind of dough laying around.Guess near all of the 300,000 went into the motion platform. Nice pit though.