Sign in to follow this  
Ausflight

Newbie Question Please.

So I just stating out and installed MCE for P3D v4.What is the first thing to do start p3d or MCE also I want to run it with pmdg 747 v3 so I load up my 747 in p3d then MCE in cold and dark state and now I need to know what I’m suppose to do?Do I start talking into the mike and say start checklist or something else.Can someone get me started please would be much appreciated.

Thankyou in advance as I will be asking more questions so I will keep this tread going until I understand what to do.

Regards.

Zdenek  Cebis

4 hours ago, Ausflight said:

So I just stating out and installed MCE for P3D v4.What is the first thing to do start p3d or MCE also I want to run it with pmdg 747 v3 so I load up my 747 in p3d then MCE in cold and dark state and now I need to know what I’m suppose to do?Do I start talking into the mike and say start checklist or something else.Can someone get me started please would be much appreciated.

Thankyou in advance as I will be asking more questions so I will keep this tread going until I understand what to do.

Regards.

I'll answer this one and let others chime in regarding PMDG 747

Although it doesn't matter which one you start first, it's best to proceed as follows.

Start P3D in admin mode, select PMDG 747 and wait until aircraft is ready to fly.

You can start aircraft in ANY state.

Then start MCE via the desktop shortcut icon.

Once MCE is up and running, you could start asking FO to flip switches via direct speech commands (like "master battery on", "launch apu", or speak one of the trigger sentences to get him to do a bunch of things (execute a flow).

To see which speech commands are available for any given aircraft, go to <Command> tab in MCE user interface and click <Voxscript> button.

You'll see a list of pre-made flows. The flows names are the actual trigger sentences

Either stick to them  (memorize them), or modify them if you find it hard to remember exact wording.

You trigger a checklist reading by speaking one of the available headers with the word "checklist" appended at the end.

Go to <Checklist> tab and you should see the available headers for the currently assigned checklist.

For instance, If there is a "before start" header there, you can ask Fo to read it with command "before start checklist" or "before start check please"

The checklist headers will vary from one aircraft to the other, and depending on whether user sticks to default assigned checklist or uses own, as we allow users to assign a custom checklist.

Nothing is scripted, and there is no forced sequence.

Ask FO to read checklist or forget about it. Even two times the same checklist section if unsure whther you did.

Get him to perform a flow or do something yourself and only ask him to flip the odd switch when your hands are full.

We intend this to be a Fully Interactive Crew Simulation, not a scripted adventure where you sit there like a duck waiting for a timer to dictate what to say or do. It wouldn't be fun 😛

6 hours ago, FS++ said:

I'll answer this one and let others chime in regarding PMDG 747

Although it doesn't matter which one you start first, it's best to proceed as follows.

Start P3D in admin mode, select PMDG 747 and wait until aircraft is ready to fly.

You can start aircraft in ANY state.

Then start MCE via the desktop shortcut icon.

Once MCE is up and running, you could start asking FO to flip switches via direct speech commands (like "master battery on", "launch apu", or speak one of the trigger sentences to get him to do a bunch of things (execute a flow).

To see which speech commands are available for any given aircraft, go to <Command> tab in MCE user interface and click <Voxscript> button.

You'll see a list of pre-made flows. The flows names are the actual trigger sentences

Either stick to them  (memorize them), or modify them if you find it hard to remember exact wording.

You trigger a checklist reading by speaking one of the available headers with the word "checklist" appended at the end.

Go to <Checklist> tab and you should see the available headers for the currently assigned checklist.

For instance, If there is a "before start" header there, you can ask Fo to read it with command "before start checklist" or "before start check please"

The checklist headers will vary from one aircraft to the other, and depending on whether user sticks to default assigned checklist or uses own, as we allow users to assign a custom checklist.

Nothing is scripted, and there is no forced sequence.

Ask FO to read checklist or forget about it. Even two times the same checklist section if unsure whther you did.

Get him to perform a flow or do something yourself and only ask him to flip the odd switch when your hands are full.

We intend this to be a Fully Interactive Crew Simulation, not a scripted adventure where you sit there like a duck waiting for a timer to dictate what to say or do. It wouldn't be fun 😛

Thankyou Gerald that very informative and i will start with that and no I didn’t think that there was scripted timer to dictate what to say or do.and sit there like a duck.😁

Thankyou for the heads up Gerald,I know that this is a fun and quality program and can’t wait to get started.😊

Edited by Ausflight

Zdenek  Cebis

I just also wanted to add that I’m no spring chicken any more so this is why I’m so quick off the mark.😀

Regards.

Zdenek  Cebis