Sign in to follow this  
Peter Coveney

Help needed FSX-SE, A2A C182 and 530WAAS

I have a licenced RXP 530 WAAS which I used a lot before my computer self destructed. After getting set up again I decided to get back into flight simming and opted for FSX Steam version. I was pleased that my A2A Cessna 182 installed OK. I understand that some of my favorites such as the PMDG MD-11 wont work. Anyway I tried running the GPS installation but it reinstalls the update and the trainer but wont progress any further and I end up having to "End Task" in Task Manager.

Can anyone explain what I need to do to enable the RXP GPS to install in my C182?. FSX is in installed in E:Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common

I tried running the A2A Configurator but was probably a bit premature as the standard GPS was all that was there when I restarted FSX.

I would really appreciate a hand here.

Cheers

Peter

Hi,

The legacy GNS WAAS was sold and is compatible only with FS9/X and WinXP/Vista/7.

We're offering the much more capable genuine Reality XP GNS 530/430 V2 instead:

Reality XP GNS 530/430 V2

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thanks.  I have now bought and installed the G430-530 package. I have followed the instructions for installation to FSX Steam version. This included the two redistributable files. I installed the trainer when prompted. I ran the Configuration tool and obtain the F1 icon against my A2A Cessna 182. Running configure GNS I position the Stack and two GPS units but Panel Preview was just a blank scree.

Running FSX Steam and loading the C182 does not show my purchased GPS units and Stack, just the standard semi functional A2A GPS.Not sure where to go from here.

Any help appreciated.

Looking forward to using thjem when i can

Peter

Update. I located the shortcut for the GNS Stack under Instrument Views. This enables me to have one or other of the units visible where I selected in the Config program. Not embeded in the main instrument panel however. I do recall whether I was able to do so in my previous version or not. Its been a few years :-)

Hi Peter,

Unfortunately you've not purchased the genuine Reality XP GNS 530/430 V2 and this forum is only for the genuine Reality XP products.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)