Sign in to follow this  
Guest tcable

E3 and FSX ...

Hello !As you already know , Microsoft is going to show us more information (features,movies,examples etc..) about FSX during E3 in LA. (10-12.05 )so my question is ... who is going to be there (with his own camcorder in hand) and share with us after show, his material about FSX ... or is there anybody planning to visit E3 and then talk with us on this forum...?brds

HELLOOOO!!!WHO IS GOING TO VISIT E3 THIS MAY????.... NOBODY FROM HERE?? I CAN`T BELIEVE IN THAT....BRDS

:-) Sorry I can't make it, its too far for me. Hope to see some good movies though.

In the US, it will be shown on the G4 cable TV channel, at least that's what I hear.Rhett

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I am prety sure I am going to E-3 with SimHQ. I will likely be the FSX "Guy" as I am so in to it. Not many other flight sim titles coming really. Look for my review of what I find over at SimHQ shortly after E-3. Maybe I even get a preview copy??I'm sure I am going to spend a good deal of time looking it over well.Hornit

>I am prety sure I am going to E-3 with SimHQ. I will likely>be the FSX "Guy" as I am so in to it. Not many other flight>sim titles coming really.>> Look for my review of what I find over at SimHQ shortly after>E-3. Maybe I even get a preview copy??>>I'm sure I am going to spend a good deal of time looking it>over well.>>HornitThank`s for replay....If you couldn`t get a preview copy , try to use camcorder :)) It`s better then nothing... :) brds

>I am prety sure I am going to E-3 with SimHQ. I will likely>be the FSX "Guy" as I am so in to it. Not many other flight>sim titles coming really.>> Look for my review of what I find over at SimHQ shortly after>E-3. Maybe I even get a preview copy??>>I'm sure I am going to spend a good deal of time looking it>over well.>>HornitI hear there's going to be a flyable, running FSX at E3, that you might be able to mess with.If you get to fly FSX, test it's _smoothness_ (i.e. check for stutters and hitches) and try to find out what hardware (ram, cpu, vid ram, etc.) they are running it on...hopefully they'll tell you that at least.Rhett

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Don't worry mace, ive ben at this for quite some time and Ill get as much info as I can (within reason) and pass it along. I'll likely be doing a full write up on this over at SimHQ some time not long after I get home from E3. I'll try and post some stuff while Im there too of course.Hornit

Guest tdragger

Hmmm, if I were going to show FSX at E3 I'd probably want *something* like: Intel Pentium D 830 (3.0GHz) w/Dual Core Technology 2GB DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz Dual 256MB Nvidia GeForce 7800GTX with SLI Technology NCQ Serial ATA RAID 0 with Dual 160GB Hard Drives Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 200516X DVD-ROM and 16X DVD+/-RW Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS, PCIw/Dolby Digital EX, IEEE1394 7.1 channel, THX cert ;)As for "smoothness", sure, go ahead and check it out. You won't like what you see but we're not done yet so I'm not sure how useful your report will be...

Guest sclincoln

Media Center Edition? Really? That surprises me. My mother just got a laptop with Media Center Edition on it from Dell and I was shocked to see something like 60 processes running from a clean startup even after removing most of the trial junk that Dell jammed in there. With XP Pro, I'm used to seeing more like 20. I heard somewhere that Vista is going to unload a lot of the non-essential processes and streamline itself whenever a game is fired up. That would be reason enough for me to buy it immediately. Right now, I run a dual-boot system. One regular XP install with animations and normal stuff, and one install completely stripped down without even a desktop background to take any resources from FS and a couple other high-powered games.

Guest tango_d

:-lol Can't believe people have missed this info !!Thanks MikeJust love the quips - keep em comin !!Best RegardsEddy (North Wales - UK)

> As for "smoothness", sure, go ahead and check it out. You won't like what you see..I think anyone can surmise that even when it is finished it ain't going to run much faster than FS9 (if at all), simply because of the limitations with DX9. Anyone reading this should be saving their pennies for Vista and DX10.

Or just MAYBE it will still be a beta version! :-rollHope this helps,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development TeamActive Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter

tdragger, Trust me, Im used to how this stuff works. Your not going to hear any complaining from me! Fair and honest is the way to go. Are you going to be there? I look forward to meeting you and seeing the latest you guys have for us. My guess is those specs are what they are going to show the software on at the show. At least Im close!Hornit