Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Which One: PMDG 747, FSLabs 320 or MaddogX

Which One: PMDG 747, FSLabs 320 or MaddogX  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Help me choose which bird to buy?

• PMDG 747-400 v3 (Base release for now)
    • MaddogX
    • FSLabs 320 (Base release)

Hi,

I already own PMDG 737, PMDG 777 and Majestic Q400.

I want something new to try this year, something refreshing but cool and modern (has to look great in VR).

Majestic Q400 and PMDG 737 look great in VR but the 777 looks bad as there are flat images for overhead lights ( you don't notice them on a screen) but in VR it looks real ugly.  At the time of 777 release, everyone was on 32bit and this was probably done with VAS savings in mind.

But today is 64bit world and I want the VC to look realistic as possible.  It is the wow factor. 

All the 3 mentioned addons are expensive, so I need my money's worth here.  It is has full in depth simulation bird here.

Thanks,

Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

all 3 cookies Mr. Monster😁

Edited by Arthur42417
  • Like 1

Well, it is a personly preference thing.  

Just without given it a thought, it would be the FSL A320, I have all 3 but I just can't stop myself from choosing the A320 to fly. The update it got 2 months ago made it as close As I've ever felt to being a Captain in charge of getting the aircraft ready for my push back time slot and take off slot. The Emersion level of the FSL is a level I've not seen or used before.

The PMDG v3 fantastic the MadDog is in a league of its own when going to an old jet airliner.

But....FSL every time.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

FSL A320 without regret.

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Short hauls vs longhauls is a conflict but FSL A320 is just amazing. 

Switching alot this year between MaddogX and the bus. 

747 is used for my longhauls atm. 

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

FSL A320 so immersive and like David, I just keep going back to it to fly.

Darcy

FSL is definitely going to shot your wallet but it is kind of the best. It depends on what you're willing to do too. Overseas? 747. defiietly worth it. Flying in americas? Maddog. Great bang for the price (80EUR). Now if you want something that can go anywhere A320 is definitely the way to go. specially if you fly within Europe. 

though the best is to get all 3 lol

They are all top quality, no question about it. For me, it only depends on which aircraft you like the most. 

Edited by Daedalus
  • Like 1

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

They are all good, but I would choose between either the FSL A320 or the 747.

If you are flying on Vatsim the A320 will make it even more enjoyable if flying in Europe. Alot of the controllers are using CPDLC where you can request PDC via the ACARS in the FMGC. After the last update I have really started to enjoy it.*
The only thing I don´t like is the FD is hard to see inflight which makes it a bit more difficult to handfly it. It should also be mentioned that the FSL A320 can be hard on your preformance.

The 747 I have flown alot since the release and is still one of my all time favorit. At the moment it don´t support PDC but I hope with GSO it will be possible. This is without doubt the aircraft I prefer doing longhauls with.

The MD80 holds a special place in my heart and is also a great aircraft.There is more work to get it flying and the work continues in flight. She is a bit more heavy to handfly as the controls are triggered by the airflow. So the lower speed the heavier she flies.
You can also see the control taps are the only ones moving on the ground unless there is alot of wind.

I can only agree with Daedalus it all comes up to what you prefer flying

Best regards

Peter Lund

For VR and great performance, Maddog can’t be beat, it’s quite amazing. Fsl is also super realistic but will require hw hp or some slider compromise. 744 VR is awesome as well. 

So can’t go wrong with any but performance wise (same slider settings), maddog, 744, a320. 

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS