Sign in to follow this  
bbuckley

DANGER AVOID REX BETA TECH UPDATE!!!

At Federico's urging I installed the tech update beta version and it COMPLETELY OBLITERATED my P3D installation. I now have at least a day of rebuild to go through.  I had uninstalled EF several times but wanted to give it a total chance. I'm done with REX.  

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

Did you notify REX guys? 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

11 minutes ago, skysurfer said:

Did you notify REX guys? 

Yes, absolutely. In fact it was the REX guy Frederico that I was in contact with by PM and told me to install the beta. I don't want to go over the top here, it will all work out eventually, but it's VERY PAINFUL right now. This is after I installed and then uninstalled EF at least 3 or 4 times because of bloom and HDR. Frederico was trying to help, but it turned out very badly. Others should beware.

• Like 1

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

I think I saw that conversation in another topic here. I have read all those 22 or something pages in EF topic. Looks like there are too many issues with EF. I have it but have not installed it yet. I am afraid to kill my sim. 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

FYI, this "update" is not available to download from the REX EF User Interface. The most recent release build is still 5.0.2019.0503.

As mentioned in other thread, there is a problem with the uninstaller and we contacting Advanced Unistaller and letting know people of the issue.

Thanks

Federico

• Like 1

Federico Sucari

18 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

FYI, this "update" is not available to download from the REX EF User Interface. The most recent release build is still 5.0.2019.0503.

I've been in constant contact with REX, they immediately took it down until they can determine what happened. I uninstalled it and the uninstaller seemed to have an error that uninstalled my entire P3D directory installation. They have been very proactive about trying to help me and I appreciate it. They'll figure it out and I'll get over it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bbuckley said:

I've been in constant contact with REX, they immediately took it down until they can determine what happened. I uninstalled it and the uninstaller seemed to have an error that uninstalled my entire P3D directory installation. They have been very proactive about trying to help me and I appreciate it. They'll figure it out and I'll get over it.

Thanks Bruce. We are working on it.

• Like 3

Federico Sucari

Thanks for the update Bruce! 

@fs1 I have installed the update but not run P3D yet. What should I do to avoid breaking something? Uninstalling the update would be enough?

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Just don’t uninstall it until we fix the uninstaller. Thanks, Federico

Federico Sucari

I'll let REX answer also but I believe you SHOULD NOT use the uninstaller that was downloaded with the tech update. I think that was the problem. They'll provide details on a new uninstaller.

Edit: Federico beat me to it.

Edited by bbuckley
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bbuckley said:

I'll let REX answer also but I believe you SHOULD NOT use the uninstaller that was downloaded with the tech update. I think that was the problem. They'll provide details on a new uninstaller.

Correct. Thanks Bruce

Federico Sucari

We also want to reiterate so that misinformation doesn't get sent out that this is the PUBLIC BETA 5.0.2019.0509, NOT the RTM version that has the issue.  We are working on a solution for all individuals that have installed the build and will have a solution as soon as possible.

• Like 2

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

1 hour ago, Arthur42417 said:

never download betas

Just a note: I'm a reasonably experienced IT guy and every developer needs to put out and have beta testers, so I would concur that beta testing isn't for those without experience and you have to be prepared for the unexpected. REX has been very good about helping me and I had many back ups so after a brief period of panic, and a few hours of re-installation, I'm back in business.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2