Sign in to follow this  
PE 185

New PC - Start up Error Message

I just purchased a new PC(I-7 with 1080ti) and I receive the message "Memory modules were found on non-optimized memory slot".  I am actually having some performance issues on X-plane 11 (textures).  I've searched and found very little on the subject.  Does anyone know if this does indeed effect performance and how difficult is it to change these slots.  I've never messed around with componants and don't really feel comfortable doing anything inside the machine to be honest.

Thank you.

Go back or get in contact with the people you bought it from. Despite the fact that you can check your motherboard user's manual and fix it accordingly I strongly suggest contacting them right away.

Unless you bought it "as it is" and then we can take it from the present situation and try to help you.

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

This would normally indicate you have RAM installed in an un-optomised configuration.

What Motherboard do you have?
Does the Motherboard support Dual Channel or Quad Channel DIMM's (RAM Modules)?
Are your RAM modules seated properly into the correct channel DIMM slots?
What is your current RAM type and module capacity?
Which DIMM slots are your Modules currently installed into?

In your Motherboard user manual, there will be a guide for inserting RAM modules into the correct DIMM slots.

Thanks for the replies.  I'm going back to the company I bought it from.  I just know I have 16gb RAM.

• Upvote 1

You should be under warranty and they must have it fixed for free, especially when there is a faulty installation from their part.  ""Memory modules were found on non-optimized memory slot"

IMHO you should have no issues at all fixing this problem.

Let us know, please.

I appreciate your advise.  I did call the company and they actually walked me through changing the slots (it was surprisingly easy).  I no longer get the error message, but I sitll have shimmering objects (pretty bad in fact).  I've tried everything under the sun, including AA adjustments, HDR back and forth, Nvidia adjustments, including getting the most updated driver.  Then rolled back because I read that might be an issue (nothing worked going back and forth, so I put the most recent release back in).  Then I finally read it's a well known problem with X-Plane and there is no resolution until they upgrade the platform from open GL to Vulcan. I have tried for over a week to cure this problem, and nothing seems to work.  The shimmering (Flickering) is mainly a group of trees, buiildings, airport area buiildings, and when I land the runway lines are a fast moving horizontal eye strainer.  It's a mess and I'm quite honestly disgusted.  Been simming since late 90's and have always been able to find a resolution, but this one has the best of me.

Thanks again.

Sorry to hear the problem, I don't use anymore the XP11.

Maybe you try this  https://pc-builds.com/calculator/#home  to have an idea where you are in reference to the performance and also what I did (when using XP11) was searching the You Tube for some good settings. It will be different

for each system but close to probably what you might be looking for. It took me about 4 tries and I was very happy.