Sign in to follow this  
Guest aqui

Force Feedback WISH in FSX!

Sorry if this upsets "non-FF" people, but sorry...I like Force Feedback, and I've tried it all ways. Yoke, Cyborg non FF sticks, and I keep going back to my Microsoft FF2 joystick. I love the feel of the runway, the torque, and touching down (hard or soft) on the runway.FS9 didn't do well with this sensation, but Russell Dirks came to the rescue with his Force Feedback Program, FSForce, and that made everything much, much better.What I really want is the feeliing of "turbulence"....the bump and sometimes the hard hit you feel. I know it should be in the body and the seat of your pants, but I'm sure feeling it in the stick can be really effective.Are there any plans for enhancing the "feeling" of FSX by changing some parameters that would allow us who love this stick, and others like it, to enjoy the effect we crave?TailDragger....please comment.Should I give up this idea of FF, or should I hold onto this dream?

Guest tdragger

We're adding support for rumble in the Xbox 360 controller but that's all--very few FF rigs in use anymore. :(

Guest aqui

Hi all!It is incredible that Microsoft doesn't want to support the hardware FF that in the past it sold proudly! At last I hope that FSX will not disable the "return to center" function of the joystick as FS2002/FS2004 made.Without the "return to center" function, the feeling of the flight gets lost!I THINK THAT THIS FUNCTION IS VERY IMPORTANT!Best RegardsAqui

I just can't believe that everyone seems to have given up on Force Feedback. Unbelieveable.I love it.....but I must be strange, and everyone else seems to like a lack of "feel" when flying. I've tried non-FF and it just seems so lifeless. Sorry....

Guest Tingoose

I enjoy FF too with FS Force!

YES....YES....YESDo the FSX developers feel the same way? Why NOT!

I also use FF with MS FF2 joystick, and will continue to use it as long as the joystick works. I find FF adds some tactile responses to my flying experience (just how realistic they are is another issue) . It's too bad that FF did not catch on and stay. I wished the MS FS team and a hardware company like CH Products could work together to offer a flight yoke and pedals with FF. Then again, would the products be affordable to the consumer and would they be marketable and profitable?Perhaps someday Microsoft can offer a FF feature for a pilot seat that you purchase separately. The pilot seat would offer FF that simulates the bumps and g-forces when flying.David

Guest Jimbofly

I've also got FSForce and use it with my MS Force Feedback 2 joystick. I'm very much hoping the FS Force team provide support for FSX, though.James

Have any of you ever tried this FF seat? I'm thinking about getting it for the free trial period (return policy). Is it possible that you can feel the bumps of turbulence with this peripheral?Check this link....http://www.ivibe.com/

>Have any of you ever tried this FF seat? I'm thinking about>getting it for the free trial period (return policy). Is it>possible that you can feel the bumps of turbulence with this>peripheral?>>Check this link....>>http://www.ivibe.com/>Humm, interesting. I am not familiar with this product. Does it support FS9? I am not able to view the product withouf first downloading a plug-in, which I choose not to.David

Yes.It does support FS9 and it costs $235.00 approximately plus tax and shipping.It's a lot of money...but I've already emailed the company to see if they plan to support FSX. I should receive an email back soon from them. Obviously, if it works as advertised, it could easily replace the FF Joysticks out there, and provide an excellent flying experience.Time will tell.

This sounds interesting. If you get it, please lets us know how it is. I currently use a MS FF stick for fs9, and I enjoy using it.

10850K, MSI Unify Z490, 32gb G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 CL16, MSI 5700 XT 8gb, Nochua NH-U12a, WD 500gb Black SSD (OS- Windows 10 Pro), Samsung 2tb Evo plus SSD (games), Superflower 850 watts power supply

Guest rmaan89

That is really strange I use FF with FS9 as well. I find that it has been extremely enjoyable to use with the simulation. I even tried to use it in my home-built cockpit at one point. It adds a lot to the realism and I can't believe it won't be supported, its a real shame :(Arman

The product line was abandoned because of poor sales, thus the customers have spoken and the vast majority don't want FF.It would therefore not make much sense to invest heavily in the continued support and even enhancing the capabilities of FF in software, given that few people make use of it and that number will decrease sharply as the product gets older as customers replace hardware.Personally I've tried an FF stick and quickly gave up on it. FF just didn't convey anything except making my arms shake, the design of the whole thing didn't feel at all good in my hand, and the functioning (twistgrip for example) is just unrealistic.Nice for DOOM maybe, feeling the recoil of your plasma cannon, but not for FS.