Sign in to follow this  
N1125Y

Arduino Mega 2560 Newbie

Hello All,

I know it is a silly question, but it is my first encounter with Arduino. 

So, I was watching few youtube (SimVim explanations and demonstrations) and I noticed all are using the Breadboard, but non is showing how to connect the Switches, Encoders Rotary Switches Etc to the actual Arduino Board, the Breadbord got  row dedicated to the GRD but the Mega got only 4 of those Ground Pins, so what do you do when more than 4 Grd are needed ?

Any help will be highly appreciated

Cheers

Yair        

On 5/12/2019 at 8:10 AM, N1125Y said:

non is showing how to connect the Switches, Encoders Rotary Switches Etc to the actual Arduino Board, the Breadbord got  row dedicated to the GRD but the Mega got only 4 of those Ground Pins, so what do you do when more than 4 Grd are needed ?

You just connect them all together and plug them into one GND hole. You can do it with a bit of soldering or no doubt you can get some kind of screw terminal connector block as an alternative.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

On 5/20/2019 at 12:11 PM, MarkDH said:

You just connect them all together and plug them into one GND hole. You can do it with a bit of soldering or no doubt you can get some kind of screw terminal connector block as an alternative.

perfect tnx u so much 

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

22%
    $5,540.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now