Sign in to follow this  
ricere

"Cannot Get Product Version Data"

PMDG 747-8F loads with this warning but I've yet to see any issue(s) or the reason for it..

Regards,

Richard Rice

23 hours ago, ricere said:

PMDG 747-8F loads with this warning but I've yet to see any issue(s) or the reason for it..

You have a program like Dell's Support [whatever it is], or CCleaner, and the programs are deleting registry entries that allow the plane to know its version number.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle, thanks for the reply!

Is this something to be worried about? CCleaner 'IS' installed and it does provide an exclusion options for directories which I've enabled. If I wanted to - is it possible to reinstall the particular PMDG aircraft download file using the 'modify' option (which in this case would be the 737 NGX install file)? It recovers, however, it's only short-lived. Along this same line the Operations Center Updater.exe file is also a problem in that all the files have a 2017 build date! Is this an issue - as I read some of the 'fix' options for this and have tried them yet I seem to start back right where I left off a month or two later? Bottomline: I guess my next step will be to contact CCleaner support to see if there is a method outside of the directory/exclusion option to prevent this from happening again!?!?!? Any further options from your end? Again, thanks for replying! ,

Regards,

Richard Rice

On 5/19/2019 at 9:10 AM, ricere said:

Kyle, thanks for the reply!

Is this something to be worried about? CCleaner 'IS' installed and it does provide an exclusion options for directories which I've enabled. If I wanted to - is it possible to reinstall the particular PMDG aircraft download file using the 'modify' option (which in this case would be the 737 NGX install file)? It recovers, however, it's only short-lived. Along this same line the Operations Center Updater.exe file is also a problem in that all the files have a 2017 build date! Is this an issue - as I read some of the 'fix' options for this and have tried them yet I seem to start back right where I left off a month or two later? Bottomline: I guess my next step will be to contact CCleaner support to see if there is a method outside of the directory/exclusion option to prevent this from happening again!?!?!? Any further options from your end? Again, thanks for replying! ,

Welcome!

For CCleaner, there's no real reason to have it purge your registry. That, or simply search the purge list for PMDG and uncheck those items before purging. When I used it back in 2008, it warned strongly against using the reg cleaner unless you were aware of the potential issues. I imagine that it still warns people, and recommends backing things up (and will do it for you). Running our installer in "repair" might work to put the entries back.

Unsure of the issue you're describing with the OC. Is it not working correctly?

Kyle Rodgers