Sign in to follow this  
kiek

Version 14.13 for Windows 7, testers wanted

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I was wondering if the current version 14.13 of PSXseeconTraffic is still refusing to start-up under Windows 7.  It is a full unicode implementation these days so I would not expect any more problems. However I do not have a Windows 7 machine.

Could some people try to install 14.13 under Windows 7? Here is the version compiled for Win7 and higher

Regards,

Nico

Edited by kiek

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hallo Nico !

Good to have the program back in Windows 7 !. It installs flawlessly on mine Win7/64. But I don't have the traffic yet...

Cheers, Peter

Hi Nico,

I have tested PSXT v14.13 Win 7 on my Win 7 PC where I run FSX and Level-D. It seems to work well.

However, I have the same error 81 as before. I can fly a certain time and see aircrafts depending on how much traffic it is before error 81 pops up and everything freezes.

I have installed FLAi according to instruction:

1. Manually move items from the "Effects" and "Texture" folders into FSX Root\Effects and FSX Root\Texture.

2. Locate your FSX.cfg file at C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

3. In the [main] section, add an entry for the location of the SimObjects\Airplanes directory for FLAi.

4. If you installed FLAi to "C:\FLAi", then you would make an entry like "SimObjectPaths.6=C:\FLAi\SimObjects\Airplanes"

When I flew KORD - KSEA at dawn the other day with low traffic, I was able to fly the entire route without error 81.

Hakan

Hi Hakan,

Thank you for testing.

Error 81 has nothing to do with Win7 or Win10. Your liveries are not installed  correctly and/or not activated correctly....

Error 81 appears when there are 50 liveries that could not be created. That is possibly the reason you did not reach that number flying KORD-KSEA with low traffic. But if you would look into the Log.txt of that flght you will certainly see messages about aircraft that could not be created.

But why did you need to install FLAi now, was it not already installed when you used PSXT networked?

Nico 

Edited by kiek

I understand that error 81 has nothing to do with Win 10 or 7.

I was happy when PFPX appeared for Win 7 so I decided to move PFPX from my Win 10 work laptop to my FSX PC.

Error 81 appeared when I previously updated FLAi. Therefore, I installed (not updated) FLAi to FLAi \Simobjects\ Airplanes and modified fsx.cfg. I produced new liveries with AILG.

My liveries should be properly installed but if they are correctly activated I do not know.

Hakan