Hey guys

just wanted your thoughts on the 

1080ti Msi lightning z edition 

I am about to purchase used for 1000 Aussie dollars.

has 2 year warranty left also 

is it worth the purchase?

regards 

mike

Mike,

What are your PC specs right now?

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

Well, I just bought one, 1.5 yr warranty, £525, A$975. Very little in price difference in the second hand market, even on this side of the world

Luke Pype

1 hour ago, MaDDogz said:

Well, I just bought one, 1.5 yr warranty, £525, A$975. Very little in price difference in the second hand market, even on this side of the world

1080 ti strix nowadays are rare as rocking horse 💩  I think the bitcoin people are getting them? 

14ppkc-6.png

All depends on what your VGA card is now, I went from 1070 to 1080ti just for the vram, FPS no difference as expected 

6 hours ago, killthespam said:

Mike,

What are your PC specs right now?

I7 4790k @ 4.8

asus vi extreme mobo

16gb 2400mhz ram

3 x ssd

h110 water cooler 

I had 2 x titans sc originals in sli

sold them both for 500 bucks 

got the the 1080ti

On 5/13/2019 at 1:58 AM, tooting said:

1080 ti strix nowadays are rare as rocking horse 💩  I think the bitcoin people are getting them? 

Nope. Actually the opposite in reality. Mining guys are throwing their GPUs to second hand market like crazy.

I don't think so if you publish the whole PC specs it would be much easier.

Anyhow check this to have an idea 

or this 

Each PC component is different so it will be very difficult to match whatever you might see on these short clips. Even with the latest PC build, you might end up with a sort of bottleneck. Keep in mind that P3D (LM) it's still not properly optimized and with each update, they manage to break something else. On top of that the other vendors play ketchup with their software updates and you always we will have some sort of issues.

Unfortunately, this is going on for years by now. I, for example, use only 2 software (PMDG 747 and Active sky) for that reason not being exposed to many vendors (sometimes broken updates) my problems are very limited. I agree I'm tempted to get those eye-candy enhancements but after I noticed on some of them degradation performance issues  I gave up. 

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

20 hours ago, killthespam said:

I don't think so if you publish the whole PC specs it would be much easier.

Anyhow check this to have an idea 

or this 

Each PC component is different so it will be very difficult to match whatever you might see on these short clips. Even with the latest PC build, you might end up with a sort of bottleneck. Keep in mind that P3D (LM) it's still not properly optimized and with each update, they manage to break something else. On top of that the other vendors play ketchup with their software updates and you always we will have some sort of issues.

Unfortunately, this is going on for years by now. I, for example, use only 2 software (PMDG 747 and Active sky) for that reason not being exposed to many vendors (sometimes broken updates) my problems are very limited. I agree I'm tempted to get those eye-candy enhancements but after I noticed on some of them degradation performance issues  I gave up. 

THANKS for reply

my specs are as follows

i7 4790k at 4.8ghz

16gb 2x8gb ddr3 2400mhz ram

1080ti lightening z

3 x ssd 

asus vi extreme mobo 1150

850w Corsair 

h110 cpu water cooler