Sign in to follow this  
Guevorkyan

Gate bias?

Hi Nico, 

Is there any kind of bias built in PPG or PSXT when allocating parked aircafts?

I have full xmls where I set PVT ramps with several GA types and still PSXT will only allocate airliners at the gates. 

The only way I can see aircraft on the ramps is by setting parking % to 100.

Santiago de Larminat

9 minutes ago, Guevorkyan said:

Is there any kind of bias built in PPG or PSXT when allocating parked aircafts?

No, there is not.

The only thing that matters is the radius of the parking position and the hours defined in the options. If there are no hours defined it will choose randomly fom the options in the airport file, otherwise it will choose, still randomly (unless you set the hidden RANDOM parameter to false), from the one(-s) that fit best with the current (utc) hour.

Well, I'm lost then.

If I have an airport set at 35%, then all gates are stacked while the cargo and GA ramps are empty. If I set said xml to 100, then all parking stands are occupied.

Santiago de Larminat

If you set 35 as percentage, it will first randomly choose 35 % of the parking positions (with options) and it does not matter what what they are, gate of cargo or ramp, or...but it will select the parking positions that have options that fit the actual hour best!

Afterwards it will try to match a livery to the chosen parking positons. For real live options if will only make exact fits ( if possible) and for fake options generated by PPG it will also take similar aircraft types into account. 

Could you check log parking, start PSXT and exit after parking has been done. Then post Log.txt and your airport file please.

EDIT: text improved (in bold), it probably explains what happens at your end.

EDIT2: what you describe may happen if none of the options in your airport file has an hours attribute, it will stop as soon as it has 35% and randomness does not work. I'll change my code for that situation.

Edited by kiek
  • Upvote 1

Try new version 14.11, if you only had options in the airport file generated by PPG it will better distribute the 35%.

22 hours ago, kiek said:

EDIT2: what you describe may happen if none of the options in your airport file has an hours attribute, it will stop as soon as it has 35% and randomness does not work. I'll change my code for that situation.

This was actually the case. I've updated FB PDX's afcad and run PPG again, so none of my recorded positions and hours were there in the new xml. It was a clean xml, where I added some options in the ramps. 

Santiago de Larminat