Hi,

I'm tempted to buy a new Throttle.  My present CH Pro Throttle, calibrated via FSUIPC, has a response which is far from linear.  I haven't been able to construct a curve which will eliminate dead areas at either end of its travel. I would very much like to have a throttle with a smooth continuous response throughout its movement.

I fly mostly twin turboprops and a 737.  I'd really appreciate some advice about achieving accurate throttle control.  I already have a Thrustmaster Warthog Stick and MFG Crosswind pedals.

Regards, Jim H.

Asus Rog Maximus VIII Hero, i9-10900k 4.8GHZ, Corsair H100 cooler, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2666, RTX3090 20GB, Win10 HP 64-bit, 3 Monitors "19-22-19", Vive Pro 2 Headset.

Jim, did you calibrate your throttle in Windows, too ("<WIN> + R" , then enter "joy.cpl")? For me that worked. Hope it might help else.

Fritz

Thanks, Fritz.  I never thought to do that.  I've calibrated in Windows now.  I'll do some testing later and let you know the result.

Jim

Asus Rog Maximus VIII Hero, i9-10900k 4.8GHZ, Corsair H100 cooler, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2666, RTX3090 20GB, Win10 HP 64-bit, 3 Monitors "19-22-19", Vive Pro 2 Headset.

Jim,

How old is your CH Pro  throttle?  I've got on about 10+ years old. I think the pots in it are failing because each throttle lever calibrates slightly differently using FSUIPC.  The pots have some type of grease covering the resistance material which has failed in other old CH products.  The new stuff works great, tho.

Jim Driskell

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

Thanks very much, Guys.  I've now followed your instructions Kand, and the Throttle's response seems much smoother with the dead zones apparently gone.

My Throttle is just under one year old having replaced an earlier CH Pro Throttle which seemed to die of old age.  I would like to keep it as I would miss its collection of programmable buttons.

I think I can now do just that.

Thanks once again.  Regards, Jim