Sign in to follow this  
quastl

Missing AI control ruins it for me totally

I know it already has been said more than once... probably more then hundred times from different users... but anyway...

What I was hoping for, since a long time, was the implementation of an AI control module. When playing with AI on, I'm getting run over permanently what ruins it for me totally. Sure, one would say, turn the collision detection off. But there's a problem... I use AirHauler 2 (or FSP back then on FSX). So I need the collision detection and to be honest... Seing another plane going through my aircraft - even if it doesn't hurt me with collision off - is so annoying! And it happens waaaaay to often.
I'm aware, that it's problematic to control the AI inside the sim. But it could be done f.e. by spawning own AI aircraft and getting full control of it. AFAIK that's the way voxatc does it. While there are many many advantages p2atc has compared to voxatc, the lack of AI control made me stop using it. I'm pretty sure, that the implementation of an AI module in p2atc would significantly raise the  fun, realism and also the ammount of users.
Still hoping to see that one day in Pilot2atc

2 hours ago, quastl said:

that's the way voxatc does it

yep (mostly) & it respects closed runways & xwinded ones ....... bottom line, vox is a very good traffic engine but a subpar atc experience.

for now, cheers

john martin

On 5/12/2019 at 8:40 PM, quastl said:

But it could be done f.e. by spawning own AI aircraft and getting full control of it. AFAIK that's the way voxatc does it. While there are many many advantages p2atc has compared to voxatc, the lack of AI control made me stop using it. I'm pretty sure, that the implementation of an AI module in p2atc would significantly raise the  fun, realism and also the ammount of users.

Unless I coud use the same range of airlines, routes and liveries I can get from the likes of AIG-AIM or even, less well, UTLive, that would put me off P2A I'm afraid. So it would have to be an option.

Far better, in my opinion, it to either press for P3D to develop better AI control in relation to the user aircraft, or develop a separate program to operate that control. I believe it would probably have to have assistance from a DLL running in the P3D process to be successful as the lag otherwise could still lead to problems. And an in-process DLL can use tools in the P3D PDK, a much more direct interface than SimConnect can offer.

Pete

• Like 2

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen