Sign in to follow this  
Wennerholm

Terminated development.

A leek from L.M. just send me an email. He told me that L.M. going to terminate all future development off P3D. Also Laminar Research going to terminate all future updates off X.P. According to the same leek. L.M. and X.P. informs that Microsoft Flight (from 2012) is a very good option✈️.

Edited by Wennerholm

Your next stop... The Twilight Zone

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

8 minutes ago, Wennerholm said:

A leek from L.M. just send me an email. He told me that L.M. going to terminate all future development off P3D. Also Laminar Research going to terminate all future updates off X.P. According to the same leek. L.M. and X.P. informs that Microsoft Flight (from 2012) is a very good option✈️.

Sounds pretty far fetched to me. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Leek (noun) :A biennial garden herb (Allium porrum synonym A. ampeloprasum porrum) of the lily family that is commonly grown as an annual for its mildly pungent succulent linear leaves and especially for its thick cylindrical stalk.......🤣

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

i did go back to FSX STEAM and having a blast with all the latest addons.....FSX feels like home and P3D feels like a motel near my home that i use to cheat on FSX once in a while😁

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Wow! This is truly dreadful news as is the image of Ken trying desperately to remove tongue from cheek. Moderators, where are you when you are most needed? This unfortunate individual needs your help.....now, before it’s too late and his salvation becomes utterly impossible!

Mike 😢

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

A leek from L.M.

Didn't even know LM employed vegetables, sounds very progressive. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

35 minutes ago, Wennerholm said:

Why did you open this thread? Useless to me

• Upvote 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Not sure if this thread came out of boredom, but I guess that the P3D development team are not exactly a major money-earner for LM and does not evidently have a remit to address the requirements of home-based flight simmers who are humble enthusiasts. I can quite see that LM could potentially pull the plug on any further development leaving us all high-and-dry where future improvements to the sim platform are concerned.

I wonder how popular (and even if we have the money!) any attempt at crowdfunding a successor to P3D would be to provide the community with some continuity in the event that P3D is shelved.

Edited by LecLightning56
  • Upvote 2

I'm pretty sure this is meant as a joke. As such, let's have a little fun and not be serious for a change. Keep it within the boundaries of our TOS and good taste though. 😆

• Like 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Fun fact: in Austria and Germany a "leek" ("Lauch") is an youth slang term for "i-d-i-o-t" 😉 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Leek shmeek. A turnip from Boeing told me that they are going to release a flightsim to make up for lost revenue from the 737 Max.... but you didn't hear it from me 🤐

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Murray Dreyer