Sign in to follow this  
Wennerholm

Terminated development.

Unfortunately I heard this rumor also. The guy who designed the Donkey and Cart for v4.5 took his team and went for the next level of Farm Simulator.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

57 minutes ago, Cruachan said:

Wow! This is truly dreadful news as is the image of Ken trying desperately to remove tongue from cheek. Moderators, where are you when you are most needed? This unfortunate individual needs your help.....now, before it’s too late and his salvation becomes utterly impossible!

Mike 😢

Mmmm... A tongue in cheek Leek.... Sounds delicious...😁

• Like 1

In before the lock!

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

1 hour ago, Afterburner said:

Do we suddenly have a new April fool's day in May?

Yes! Today! IWTLFUJD (The International Waiting To Long For Update Joke Day). Hope we can celebrate this day 2020!

Edited by Wennerholm
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LecLightning56 said:

Not sure if this thread came out of boredom, but I guess that the P3D development team are not exactly a major money-earner for LM and does not evidently have a remit to address the requirements of home-based flight simmers who are humble enthusiasts. I can quite see that LM could potentially pull the plug on any further development leaving us all high-and-dry where future improvements to the sim platform are concerned.

I wonder how popular (and even if we have the money!) any attempt at crowdfunding a successor to P3D would be to provide the community with some continuity in the event that P3D is shelved.

Why most the long waiting be a Long Waiting Without Humor?

• Upvote 1

Moved to Hangar Chat which is more appropriate. 

• Like 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

1 hour ago, 188AHC said:

I'm pretty sure this is meant as a joke. As such, let's have a little fun and not be serious for a change. Keep it within the boundaries of our TOS and good taste though. 😆

Thank´s for understanding a very bad joke!

1 hour ago, SunDevil56 said:

Mmmm... A tongue in cheek Leek.... Sounds delicious...😁

Perhaps I should have written ‘salivation’ instead of ‘salvation’

Mike 🤓

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sethos1988 said:

Didn't even know LM employed vegetables, sounds very progressive. 

Brilliant 

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, mdreyer said:

Leek shmeek. A turnip from Boeing told me that they are going to release a flightsim to make up for lost revenue from the 737 Max.... but you didn't hear it from me 🤐

They need some airlines for it, it's could well be the downfall of Norwegian and Iceland 

14ppkc-6.png

2 hours ago, LecLightning56 said:

I can quite see that LM could potentially pull the plug on any further development leaving us all high-and-dry where future improvements to the sim platform are concerned.

I don't think that'll happen any time soon. LM has its reasons for making p3d, and the "casuals" aren't it, though we're providing some nice ancillary income.

But even if they pull the plug now, and we decide that 4.5 is too buggy, 4.4 is worlds better than FSX was.  And FSX was still going strong 10 years after Microsoft fired the devs. The current state of p3d could carry us to 2030 easily, by which point LR will have had time to eclipse it. I don't think desktop flight sims are going away any time soon.

• Upvote 1

It must be true, i read about it on WikiLeeks

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, SoJourned said:

It must be true, i read about it on WikiLeeks

Now that gave me a chuckle. 😁

I'm still trying to research who originally LEEKED this earthshattering news.

• Upvote 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I have some insight. L.M. will not terminate P3D. Business as usual😉 (sorry I do not know anything about X.P.)

Edited by Wennerholm