Sign in to follow this  
Wennerholm

Terminated development.

39 minutes ago, 188AHC said:

Now that gave me a chuckle. 😁

I'm still trying to research who originally LEEKED this earthshattering news.

Some guy with an "A" in his name, maybe🤢

Edited by Wennerholm

Every time I fire up P3D or Xplane I check for leeks.  But most of my pax prefer carrots, good for vision, and celery, high fiber.....

• Upvote 1

Funny thread lol.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

8 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

giphy.gif

Geez, I haven't seen that clip/gif in ten years or so! And it still does not fail in making me laugh!

(The original video with sound is much better though. "[Unintelligible language, maybe Russian]...[Running noises]...SPLAT!".)

8 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

Fun fact: in Austria and Germany a "leek" ("Lauch") is an youth slang term for "i-d-i-o-t" 😉 

More like a slender, tall guy. An word not allowed would be a "Larry" or "Otto". But then again, who knows what's getting the most likes among our fellow kids right now...

Edited by Bjoern

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

7 hours ago, eslader said:

I don't think that'll happen any time soon. LM has its reasons for making p3d, and the "casuals" aren't it, though we're providing some nice ancillary income.

But even if they pull the plug now, and we decide that 4.5 is too buggy, 4.4 is worlds better than FSX was.  And FSX was still going strong 10 years after Microsoft fired the devs. The current state of p3d could carry us to 2030 easily, by which point LR will have had time to eclipse it. I don't think desktop flight sims are going away any time soon.

Be careful now. Those comments are too serious for this leaky thread. If we're not careful one of those mods will come along and leek this discussion. 😂😂

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

3 hours ago, John_Cillis said:

Every time I fire up P3D or Xplane I check for leeks.  But most of my pax prefer carrots, good for vision, and celery, high fiber.....

In ORBX you have to check the control panel to turn on LeekFlow.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

10 hours ago, 188AHC said:

I'm pretty sure this is meant as a joke. As such, let's have a little fun and not be serious for a change. Keep it within the boundaries of our TOS and good taste though. 😆

Obviously a joke; it’s just not funny, not even a little bit...

Matt King

i never in a million years would have expected good ol' leekspin to be a topical response to an avsim thread 😃

xvi3wwO.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

17 hours ago, 188AHC said:

If we're not careful one of those mods will come along and leek this discussion. 😂😂

Lettuce hope those mods refrain. 😉

7 hours ago, spesimen said:

good ol' leekspin

Great. Now that song's in my head for the rest of the day. 😄

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I think it's great that we can have a thread that is just silly.  We all need a chuckle from time to time.😁

• Upvote 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Don't forget the epic orchestral edit:

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 8:00 AM, Arthur42417 said:

i did go back to FSX STEAM and having a blast with all the latest addons.....FSX feels like home and P3D feels like a motel near my home that i use to cheat on FSX once in a while😁

Which is (was) more fun?

C'mon, guys....whatever happened to "Whirled Peas"?  We need more of it!

smallMain_30_900.jpg

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

On 5/13/2019 at 9:14 AM, Drumcode said:

In before the lock!

In before the leek!

• Like 1