Wennerholm

Terminated development.

Posted (edited)

A leek from L.M. just send me an email. He told me that L.M. going to terminate all future development off P3D. Also Laminar Research going to terminate all future updates off X.P. According to the same leek. L.M. and X.P. informs that Microsoft Flight (from 2012) is a very good option✈️.

Edited by Wennerholm

Your next stop... The Twilight Zone

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Wennerholm said:

A leek from L.M. just send me an email. He told me that L.M. going to terminate all future development off P3D. Also Laminar Research going to terminate all future updates off X.P. According to the same leek. L.M. and X.P. informs that Microsoft Flight (from 2012) is a very good option✈️.

Sounds pretty far fetched to me. 

• Upvote 1

Leek (noun) :A biennial garden herb (Allium porrum synonym A. ampeloprasum porrum) of the lily family that is commonly grown as an annual for its mildly pungent succulent linear leaves and especially for its thick cylindrical stalk.......🤣

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

i did go back to FSX STEAM and having a blast with all the latest addons.....FSX feels like home and P3D feels like a motel near my home that i use to cheat on FSX once in a while😁

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Wow! This is truly dreadful news as is the image of Ken trying desperately to remove tongue from cheek. Moderators, where are you when you are most needed? This unfortunate individual needs your help.....now, before it’s too late and his salvation becomes utterly impossible!

Mike 😢

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

A leek from L.M.

Didn't even know LM employed vegetables, sounds very progressive. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, Wennerholm said:

Why did you open this thread? Useless to me

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Not sure if this thread came out of boredom, but I guess that the P3D development team are not exactly a major money-earner for LM and does not evidently have a remit to address the requirements of home-based flight simmers who are humble enthusiasts. I can quite see that LM could potentially pull the plug on any further development leaving us all high-and-dry where future improvements to the sim platform are concerned.

I wonder how popular (and even if we have the money!) any attempt at crowdfunding a successor to P3D would be to provide the community with some continuity in the event that P3D is shelved.

Edited by LecLightning56
  • Upvote 2

I'm pretty sure this is meant as a joke. As such, let's have a little fun and not be serious for a change. Keep it within the boundaries of our TOS and good taste though. 😆

• Like 1

Fun fact: in Austria and Germany a "leek" ("Lauch") is an youth slang term for "i-d-i-o-t" 😉 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Leek shmeek. A turnip from Boeing told me that they are going to release a flightsim to make up for lost revenue from the 737 Max.... but you didn't hear it from me 🤐

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Unfortunately I heard this rumor also. The guy who designed the Donkey and Cart for v4.5 took his team and went for the next level of Farm Simulator.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Cruachan said:

Wow! This is truly dreadful news as is the image of Ken trying desperately to remove tongue from cheek. Moderators, where are you when you are most needed? This unfortunate individual needs your help.....now, before it’s too late and his salvation becomes utterly impossible!

Mike 😢

Mmmm... A tongue in cheek Leek.... Sounds delicious...😁

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Afterburner said:

Do we suddenly have a new April fool's day in May?

Yes! Today! IWTLFUJD (The International Waiting To Long For Update Joke Day). Hope we can celebrate this day 2020!

Edited by Wennerholm
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LecLightning56 said:

Not sure if this thread came out of boredom, but I guess that the P3D development team are not exactly a major money-earner for LM and does not evidently have a remit to address the requirements of home-based flight simmers who are humble enthusiasts. I can quite see that LM could potentially pull the plug on any further development leaving us all high-and-dry where future improvements to the sim platform are concerned.

I wonder how popular (and even if we have the money!) any attempt at crowdfunding a successor to P3D would be to provide the community with some continuity in the event that P3D is shelved.

Why most the long waiting be a Long Waiting Without Humor?

• Upvote 1

Moved to Hangar Chat which is more appropriate. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 188AHC said:

I'm pretty sure this is meant as a joke. As such, let's have a little fun and not be serious for a change. Keep it within the boundaries of our TOS and good taste though. 😆

Thank´s for understanding a very bad joke!

1 hour ago, SunDevil56 said:

Mmmm... A tongue in cheek Leek.... Sounds delicious...😁

Perhaps I should have written ‘salivation’ instead of ‘salvation’

Mike 🤓

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sethos1988 said:

Didn't even know LM employed vegetables, sounds very progressive. 

Brilliant 

• Like 1