Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

4.5 hot fix is out

Given that I wasn't having any performance issues with going from v4.4 to v4.5 i'm a little reluctant to install this so called "hotfix", I think i'm going to wait and see what the results are for people who weren't having issues with v4.5 after installing this fix.

One thing I did notice at the hotfix page is it says "The Prepar3D v4.5 update will require you to reactivate your product" which seems odd because I didn't have to re-activate after installing the first v4.5 client...

Think I might say with my 4.4....

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

13 minutes ago, srce said:

Different people with different settings and setups may get different results. Some people didn't have a problem with the original 4.5 release. Try it and see for yourself. For me, it hasn't fixed the problem. FPS is still massively worse than 4.4.

Both of myself and three friends had issues with 4.5 when using the fsl at Gatwick for example.  It was an absolute stutterfest for example. 

Also random freezes etc etc with autogen. 

Head over to the fsl forums you'll see people had issues. 

For me I'm thankful of the patch 

14ppkc-6.png

12 minutes ago, tooting said:

Both of myself and three friends had issues with 4.5 when using the fsl at Gatwick for example.  It was an absolute stutterfest for example. 

Also random freezes etc etc with autogen. 

Head over to the fsl forums you'll see people had issues. 

For me I'm thankful of the patch 

If it works? but let us know Pete when your back.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I'm presuming it's a full new installer? And therefore updates needed for chaseplane and and activesky etc etc

4 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

If it works? but let us know Pete when your back.

And on the initial 4.5 (before hotfix) there deffo was issues with certain systems

14ppkc-6.png

3 minutes ago, Arthur42417 said:

looks like some users need a HOTTER FIX to fix the HOT FIX😂

Since you apparently prefer FSX Steam, why does this even matter to you....😏

15 minutes ago, tooting said:

I'm presuming it's a full new installer? And therefore updates needed for chaseplane and and activesky etc etc

Pete, you can do the full installer, or just the client, which apparently addresses the quote, "performance issues seen on some systems and configurations" according to the hotfix page at LM. 

• Upvote 1

It seems to me there is an addon that causes P3D to not launch after installing the hotfix. I haven't found it yet. When I launch P3D the splash screen appear and after a while it just disappears and I'm left with the desktop. 

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

2 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

It seems to me there is an addon that causes P3D to not launch after installing the hotfix. I haven't found it yet. When I launch P3D the splash screen appear and after a while it just disappears and I'm left with the desktop. 

If you have the Fsalbs, you should uninstall or deactivate it before starting P3D.

They are testing the build now and will release a new update soon.

Miguel Leandro

15 minutes ago, SunDevil56 said:

Since you apparently prefer FSX Steam, why does this even matter to you....😏

I own all sims and love them all.

5 minutes ago, Ekim said:

If you have the Fsalbs, you should uninstall or deactivate it before starting P3D.

They are testing the build now and will release a new update soon.

I tried to remove the FSLabs folder outside of the add-ons folder, but P3D still doesn't launch. Is it for sure I have to uninstall and deactivate it? Any source?

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

3 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

I tried to remove the FSLabs folder outside of the add-ons folder, but P3D still doesn't launch. Is it for sure I have to uninstall and deactivate it? Any source?

De-activate all your add-on's temporally, enable one by one until you find which one is causing the problem.

S.

Biggest issue is addon who are still installing inside the root sim.  Orbx will change with FTX 4 (already got confirmation yesterday on a post).  

I managed to get Majestic Q400 outside the sim using Lorby (will post a howto here - very simple).  

Once all addons go outside - it will be super easy to install P3D (hardly any issues) - just like Xplane makes all addons outside the root. Bug all the lazy developers who do not want to change their of way of thinking. 

We are getting there slowly.

Happy about this Hotfix 1 - I wonder is 2 coming soon...lol.  I am betting V5 will be in Fall

Edited by Skywolf
  • Upvote 3

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)