Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

4.5 hot fix is out

"Added configuration option to toggle UI hardware acceleration mode (UIHardwareAcceleration)"

I assume that's the "DisableHWAcceleration" registry edit that was suggested when ReShade was acting up in 4.4, which has now become a user option?

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Dear All,

Anyone still having issues with performance after the hotfix, please rebuild your shaders and be sure to check if you have this registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics\DisableHWAcceleration

If you do, please delete it, restart your PC and launch P3D again..

There is a new setting under Ptepra3d.cfg called UIHardwareAcceleration, it is important to have this setting set to True.

The setting works as follow:

UIHardwareAcceleration=False - Disables Hardware Acceleration for P3D.

UIHardwareAcceleration=True - Enables Hardware Acceleration for P3D.

People using Reshade might need to disable it, however please try your performance first with HW acceleration enabled.

Regards,
Simbol

Edited by simbol
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

"Added configuration option to toggle UI hardware acceleration mode (UIHardwareAcceleration)"

I assume that's the "DisableHWAcceleration" registry edit that was suggested when ReShade was acting up in 4.4, which has now become a user option?

Correct, please delete your registry key.. and use the setting instead, however be advised performance might be affected with this disabled on certain systems.

S.

Edited by simbol
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, simbol said:

Dear All,

Anyone still having issues with performance after the hotfix, please rebuild your shaders and be sure to check if you have this registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics\DisableHWAcceleration

[...]

Thanks Simbol, but honestly, a little bit to much to ask users to modify their registry for a "hotfix", no? Obviosuly the problem is not solved by the hotfix? Can you elaborate a little bit further on this registry entry? I have it in my registry, but as I did not observe any FPS issues already without the hotfix, I wonder what the registry entry stands for? Reason I ask: I might simply not have seen the FPS drop due to my FPS limit at 30. But if this registry entry might be the reason for reduced FPS, I also want to get rid of it...

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

6 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Thanks Simbol, but honestly, a little bit to much to ask users to modify their registry for a "hotfix", no? Obviosuly the problem is not solved by the hotfix? Can you elaborate a little bit further on this registry entry? I have it in my registry, but as I did not observe any FPS issues already without the hotfix, I wonder what the registry entry stands for? Reason I ask: I might simply not have seen the FPS drop due to my FPS limit at 30. But if this registry entry might be the reason for reduced FPS, I also want to get rid of it...

This registry setting disables hardware acceleration for all applications on your PC, you want this enabled to get the best performance out of your system.

P3D 4.4 enabled hardware acceleration hardcoded inside the source code, but some people complained about this change since Reshade and other overlaying /recording software were not working correctly with P3D 4.4. and as a result LM gave the registry setting for a work around for user experiencing this problem.

P3D 4.5 disabled hardware acceleration via internal code, to correct the issues stated above as people were complaining about issues, etc.

P3D 4.5 HotFix has re-enabled Hardware Acceleration by default, and included a setting via Prepard3.cfg to override it if necesary: UIHardwareAcceleration=false. NOTE: It was determined via beta tests that the change in hardware acceleration via internal code caused the performance drops in comparison with P3D 4.4 under certain systems.

So you need to delete this registry setting if you have it in your system.

Regards,
Simbol

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SunDevil56 said:

Pete, you can do the full installer, or just the client, which apparently addresses the quote, "performance issues seen on some systems and configurations" according to the hotfix page at LM. 

Thank you very much 

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

14 minutes ago, simbol said:

This registry setting disables hardware acceleration for all applications on your PC, you want this enabled to get the best performance out of your system.

P3D 4.4 enabled hardware acceleration hardcoded inside the source code, but some people complained about this change since Reshade and other overlaying /recording software were not working correctly with P3D 4.4. and as a result LM gave the registry setting for a work around for user experiencing this problem.

P3D 4.5 disabled hardware acceleration via internal code, to correct the issues stated above as people were complaining about issues, etc.

P3D 4.5 HotFix has re-enabled Hardware Acceleration by default, and included a setting via Prepard3.cfg to override it if necesary: UIHardwareAcceleration=false. NOTE: It was determined via beta tests that the change in hardware acceleration via internal code caused the performance drops in comparison with P3D 4.4 under certain systems.

Was that related to cpu affinty issues? By any chance? 

Very interesting. 

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

19 minutes ago, simbol said:

Regards,
Simbol

So essentially, we've now reached a point where for some users, they might be 'forced' to take the 4.5 performance decrease if they need to use ReShade and disable HWA?

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

12 minutes ago, tooting said:

with P3D 4.4 under certain systems.

......looks like KEY word to me. 

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

......smug 4.4 user enters stage left with popcorn in hand :tongue:

I haven’t got popcorn I got a beer lol

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

3 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

So essentially, we've now reached a point where for some users, they might be 'forced' to take the 4.5 performance decrease if they need to use ReShade and disable HWA?

Not necessarily.

I use Reshade with 4.5 on my main simulation PC and I don't have any performance issues with 4.5, as I said, no all systems are affected so you will need to TEST on your own computer.

S.

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

......smug 4.4 user enters stage left with popcorn in hand :tongue:

I haven’t got popcorn I got beer lol

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

5 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

You beat me too it 

14ppkc-6.png

I found the problem of P3D not starting after the hotfix. The WX Advantage Radar is the reason. Removed the MV_WXM.dll from the Modules folder and problem solved. I guess it needs to be updated.

• Like 1

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link