Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

4.5 hot fix is out

initially 5 min testing very promising

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

15 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

......looks like KEY word to me. 

It definitely was an issue for some people, like I said I know all 3 of my regular 'sim buddies' had it. 

We all tried to do a lgw krk lgw together none of us made it  the stutters where unbearable 

Its going to be interesting seeing people now tweaking the registry

14ppkc-6.png

Installed the "hot fix". See no difference at all.

I did not notice any fps drop in 4.5 before.

I was happy and I'm still happy.

Edited by kiek
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, tooting said:

Its going to be interesting seeing people now tweaking the registry

The registry key I mentioned should not be there, in fact Windows do not have it at all by default.

People have been add-in it since they installed P3D 4.4 to allow specific compatibility things to run, IE: Reshade and some recording software.

The best approach is to remove it and use the prepar3d.cfg file instead to control the hardware acceleration behaviour for the simulator.

S.

Edited by simbol
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I have orbx TE and 4.5 killed it . Unusable now I have 40fps over Southampton with JVs recommended settings see Orbx forum as I said early days and lots more testing

Colin hodds

2 minutes ago, cannow said:

I have orbx TE and 4.5 killed it . Unusable now I have 40fps over Southampton with JVs recommended settings see Orbx forum as I said early days and lots more testing

You report is a bit confusing.. can you please expand? are you happy with the new Hotfix or not? 40fps over Southampton with ORBX TE is quite good IMO.

S. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, kiek said:

Installed the "hot fix". See no difference at all.

I did not notice any fps drop in 4.5 before.

I was happy and I'm still happy.

Same here!!

• Like 1

apologies simbol  very positive big improvement for me with true earth, unusable before hotfix

• Like 5

Colin hodds

4 minutes ago, cannow said:

apologies simbol  very positive big improvement for me with true earth, unusable before hotfix

Glad to hear Colin!!, we have been doing lots of tests with LM to get this right..

Regards,
S.

• Upvote 1

I don’t even have that registry in my system with windows 10

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

13 minutes ago, simbol said:

The registry key I mentioned should not be there, in fact Windows do not have it at all by default.

People have been add-in it since they installed P3D 4.4 to allow specific compatibility things to run, IE: Reshade and some recording software.

The best approach is to remove it and user the prepar3d.cfg file instead to control the hardware acceleration behaviour for the simulator.

S.

I have a new build computer still in the box with nothing but W10 on it. So when I fire it up this Saturday, d/l and install latest version of P3D, I shouldn't have to do anything then with the registry or the UI in P3D if I want to keep hardware acceleration on correct? 

Edited by B777ER

Eric 

The fundamental purpose with the new update was to lower the FPS. Nothing else. I´m not satisfied because the FPS increased. 

Edited by Wennerholm
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Did the update for client, scenery and content. And it runs perfectly again. Thx. Took only 15 minutes.  I am very happy. Recommended

Edited by Rasterfahnder
  • Like 3

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

2 minutes ago, B777ER said:

I have a new build computer still in the box with nothing but W10 on it. So when I fire it up this Saturday, d/l and install latest version of P3D, I shouldn't have to do anything then with the registry or the UI in P3D if I want to keep hardware acceleration on correct? 

Correct.

S.

• Like 1