Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

4.5 hot fix is out

2 minutes ago, Wennerholm said:

The purpose with the new update was to lower the FPS. Nothing else. I´m not satisfied because the FPS increased. 

Ken,

Let's please don't confuse people ha-ha, state if you are happy or not so people follow and update accordingly.

S.

• Upvote 8

I wish we could have an automatic installer/updater like XP11. It is so easy doing these things with that sim. A complete re-install takes minutes, while on P3D, it might take days.

With so many updates and hot fixes being delivered by LM (which is good), hopefully we can get some more advancements here. The whole process is still very cumbersome for the user...

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

16 minutes ago, Wennerholm said:

The fundamental purpose with the new update was to lower the FPS. Nothing else. I´m not satisfied because the FPS increased. 

I concur.....😉

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

25 minutes ago, cannow said:

apologies simbol  very positive big improvement for me with true earth, unusable before hotfix

good to hear :)

• Like 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Why did they choose to release a new client version instead of a true hotfix ? Now i have to wait that different addons release a new version ... This updating process in P3D is really getting a little bit annoying. I appreciate the improvements but this is really cumbersome...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, salsero_at said:

Why did they choose to release a new client version instead of a true hotfix ? Now i have to wait that different addons release a new version ... This updating process in P3D is really getting a little bit annoying. I appreciate the improvements but this is really cumbersome...

Any Hotfix is a new set of executable's and DLL libraries, in which case any add-on not using the base SDK Libraries would need to be updated anyway.

At least this way anybody re-downloading P3D 4.5 (due to re-installation or due to be a new customer) only needs to perform 1 single installation instead of the need to apply a patch afterwards.

S.

3 hours ago, HighTowers said:

What we need is a prepar3d vanilla mode. Like a windows safe mode. 

There's already something like that:

Options->Add-ons-> disable them all = "Vanilla Mode"

Of course, this will work only for those "proper" P3D add-ons which use the add-on.xml method.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

A bit of a silly question after a very tiring day at work. I understand on v4.5 one can just execute the new client and that there is no need to do a full reinstall. Is there anything to gain with a full reinstall?

regards

I think there is nothing to lose doing a full reinstall. Just don't delete your configuration folders and it should be fine. After reinstall, run FTX Central and other addons that install textures and lights into the sim. 

Chris

Chris Lezama

Just testing now FPS is back to normal on my end 

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

1 hour ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

I concur.....😉

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Ken,

Let's please don't confuse people ha-ha, state if you are happy or not so people follow and update accordingly.

S.

I see Rob is reporting an 8% performance DECREASE...?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

My experience with 4.5 has been nothing but positive. Had no issues at all after client, content and scenery update using a barge load of addons. Butter smooth sim with high settings especially after buying  FFTF. My question: do I even need this hot fix or should I leave well enough alone? The old if it ain't broke don't fix it.

• Upvote 1

Vic green

This hotfix has been amazing for me! I am currently getting 25-30 FPS on the ground at EGLL Aerosoft professional with very high settings and BMNG and NE lighting. This is over 10FPS higher than what I was getting pre-hotfix. Mind you, I have my FPS capped at 30 with RTSS. This is astonishing to me.

• Upvote 1

Chris Lezama

7 minutes ago, PATCO LCH said:

My question: do I even need this hot fix or should I leave well enough alone? The old if it ain't broke don't fix it.

As soon as other add-on's like Hi-Fi, FSLabs, F1 GTN, etc. update their modules you will need to update to the latest version of P3D.

S.