Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

4.5 hot fix is out

For the first time ever, I'm sticking to an earlier version of software. Let's hope it changes in V5. 

Guys, is it necessary to delete the P3D.cfg ? I've used the same one since 4.3. & haven't had issues.

Thanks,

UPS123.png

3 hours ago, Daedalus said:

I found the problem of P3D not starting after the hotfix. The WX Advantage Radar is the reason. Removed the MV_WXM.dll from the Modules folder and problem solved. I guess it needs to be updated.

Thanks for this: I had the exact same 'no-start' crash after installing the new client, removing that .dll file solved it. 

After that and a few 100nm flights, things are looking very nice. 

Thanks,

Greg     

• Like 1

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Please ignore any so called performance loses this update fixes major issuses particularly around orbx true earth and regions . There you will see a difference. 

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

Active Sky (with their latest beta update) now doesn't work with the 4.5+hotfix. Anyone else ??

Edited by Eclex
correction

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

1 minute ago, Eclex said:

Active Sky (with their latest update) now doesn't work with the 4.5+hotfix. Anyone else ??

Are you using the beta version that was posted yesterday, not just the "stable" release?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Not yesterday's.  I'll go get it now. Thanks

I just loaded beta ver 7070 Active Sky and it now works !

Thanks.

Edited by Eclex
update
  • Upvote 2

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

46 minutes ago, jcorstjens said:

On my system the initial P3Dv4.5 did work more or less similar to v4.4.

Now that I installed the hotfix P3Dv4.5 crashes during start up and closes down.

Whatever I tried P3Dv4.5 keeps shutting down during initial start up.

Unforunately I deleted the initial v4.5 client, so cannot go back to the v4.5 that did work for me..

Must be an add-on that needs to be updated, it can be FSLabs.. can you post the list of add-on's you have?

S.

Anyone have EZCA working?  

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I only updated the client and so far I have very good performance with no problems.

9 minutes ago, psolk said:

Anyone have EZCA working?  

EZDOK needs an update as the zoom is locked and messed up.

An update is needed to "unlock " it 🙂

Normally within about a day or too . They always have an update ready very soon after a new P3d version.

Edited by planechaser

1 hour ago, PATCO LCH said:

My experience with 4.5 has been nothing but positive. Had no issues at all after client, content and scenery update using a barge load of addons. Butter smooth sim with high settings...

My question: do I even need this hot fix or should I leave well enough alone? The old if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Same here regarding v4.5, so I was nervous about applying this hotfix, but all went well, no issues that i've noted thus far, and I believe i'm seeing a slight, but nevertheless apparent increase in frame rates overall.

FWIW, I did the client only update, the content and scenery were left as they were after the original v4.5 installation.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, simbol said:

It will need to be updated.. I am sure they are on the case already 🙂

S.

Thank Simbol...  Yeah, it's gone from my add-ons menu, just posted in their forums

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

6 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

......smug 4.4 user enters stage left with popcorn in hand :tongue:

1 hour ago, Rockliffe said:

😁

Darn it...getting good results too. Popcorn is getting stale...