Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

4.5 hot fix is out

3 hours ago, Eclex said:

Active Sky (with their latest beta update) now doesn't work with the 4.5+hotfix. Anyone else ??

Works great for me.

Stan

@simbol

Hi,

1) Just to be sure, my original version of P3Dv4.5 works very well, I don't have the problem reported by others...
I understand that if I update with the "hotfix", it will also be necessary to update my addons such as FsLabs, Ezca, AS and so.....

Now if I don't update neither P3Dv4.5 nor my addons, the whole stuff should continue to work as before...Correct?

2) As I said, I have no problem with loss of FPS. However, I had noticed that with the initial version (P3Dv4.5 without hotfix), the loading time of the simu was still as long for me (6% syndrome). Does the hotfix fix this? If so, then maybe I would consider updating, if not I stay with my config, if you confirm my question from #1.

Thank you for your help,

Richard

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

8 hours ago, simbol said:

Dear All,

Anyone still having issues with performance after the hotfix, please rebuild your shaders and be sure to check if you have this registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics\DisableHWAcceleration

If you do, please delete it, restart your PC and launch P3D again..

There is a new setting under Ptepra3d.cfg called UIHardwareAcceleration, it is important to have this setting set to True.

The setting works as follow:

UIHardwareAcceleration=False - Disables Hardware Acceleration for P3D.

UIHardwareAcceleration=True - Enables Hardware Acceleration for P3D.

People using Reshade might need to disable it, however please try your performance first with HW acceleration enabled.

Regards,
Simbol

I don't see the UIHardwareAcceleration in my P3d.cfg??

UPS123.png

9 minutes ago, DrumsArt said:

@simbol

Hi,

1) Just to be sure, my original version of P3Dv4.5 works very well, I don't have the problem reported by others...
I understand that if I update with the "hotfix", it will also be necessary to update my addons such as FsLabs, Ezca, AS and so.....

Now if I don't update neither P3Dv4.5 nor my addons, the whole stuff should continue to work as before...Correct?

2) As I said, I have no problem with loss of FPS. However, I had noticed that with the initial version (P3Dv4.5 without hotfix), the loading time of the simu was still as long for me (6% syndrome). Does the hotfix fix this? If so, then maybe I would consider updating, if not I stay with my config, if you confirm my question from #1.

Thank you for your help,

Richard

Hi Richard,

Just wait a couple of days until all add-on's have been updated and proceed to update as usual. It is highly recommended to run on the latest version of P3D 4.5 as LM fixed bugs with some the internal SDK Library functions which will work only for 4.5.12.30293 (Hotfix Version).

So if you don't upgrade and a developer proceeds to use one of these functions your might encounter instabilities in the future.

Regards,
Simbol 

2 minutes ago, rfelger said:

I don't see the UIHardwareAcceleration in my P3d.cfg??

It is enabled by default, you can add it and change it to false if you are having incompatibilities issues with 3rd party tools, IE: Live streaming addon's, etc.

However I recommend to leave HarwareAcceleration enabled.

S.

Edited by simbol

2 minutes ago, simbol said:

It is enabled by default, you can add it and change it to false if you are having incompatibilities issues with 3rd party tools, IE: Live streaming addon's, etc.

However I recommend to leave HarwareAcceleration enabled.

S.

Ok so there shouldn't be an entry with that entry in the .cfg file?

UPS123.png

After installing the v4.5 client I got a message on loading any aircraft with the Flight1 GTN 750 to run the Flight1 Updater which I did and it indicated sucess. Well, the GTNs seem to be OK but I still got the Updater message. I recall reading that the v4.5 Hotfix would correct the error message so I installed it. Then after 1 minute of splash screen the sim did a CTD.  So I am back to v4.4 which seems good enough for me now.

BTW I had to reinstall my Milviz Otters because I had updated them to the v4.5 WX Radar and they crashed as well.

A cautionary tale.

Steve P.

Dell Precision T3610, Windows 7 x64 + Windows XP x32 (dual boot)
Intel Xeon Processor ES-1620 v2, 4 core, 3.70 GHz
8GD DDR3-1600 
Nvidia GTX 960,  Dell U3011 (3560 x 1600 px) + Asus Pa245Q (1929 x 1200px)
FSX Acceleration

2 minutes ago, simbol said:

Correct.

S.

Ok cool thanks my friend

UPS123.png

13 minutes ago, simbol said:

Hi Richard,

Just wait a couple of days until all add-on's have been updated and proceed to update as usual. It is highly recommended to run on the latest version of P3D 4.5 as LM fixed bugs with some the internal SDK Library functions which will work only for 4.5.12.30293 (Hotfix Version).

So if you don't upgrade and a developer proceeds to use one of these functions your might encounter instabilities in the future.

Regards,
Simbol 

Yes, you're right, I'll wait until all my addons are updated before doing it.

...and about my second question (6% syndrome), is there a fix for that?

Regards,

Richard

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

8 minutes ago, paradisca1 said:

BTW I had to reinstall my Milviz Otters because I had updated them to the v4.5 WX Radar and they crashed as well.

Next time try to run the Milviz addon managment system and untick the weather radar. Less work.

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

1 hour ago, SledDriver said:

Installed hotfix and carefully updated all relevant addons.

Does seem a bit smoother, while it lasted.

A few minutes into first flight and CTD. 😞 Not something I expected as it wasn't doing it before in many many flights.

Anyone else?

Argh geez.

2 flights. 2 CTD's a few minutes in.

No probs pre hotfix 4.5 in many hours of flying long flights.

Edited by SledDriver

I was one who had FPS and longer loading issues with 4.5. With the new hotfix, while the FPS is higher, there are a fair lot more stutters. The addons I'm using are Orbx (am testing with Germany North, Cityscape Barcelona and TE NL as I did with 4.5 and 4.4), REX EF, ASP4 and the Milviz Beaver without the WX radar. I deleted my shaders and cfg but no luck.

5 hours ago, jcorstjens said:

On my system the initial P3Dv4.5 did work more or less similar to v4.4.

Now that I installed the hotfix P3Dv4.5 crashes during start up and closes down.

Whatever I tried P3Dv4.5 keeps shutting down during initial start up.

Unforunately I deleted the initial v4.5 client, so cannot go back to the v4.5 that did work for me..

Same here cannot past the p3d logo

re-download and install  the 4.4 client and it will be ok

Maybe the full install will help... Maybe.. 

Intel x299 I7 7820  OC @ 4.7 Ghz   Win10 pro 64

Gigabyte gaming 9  Nvidia 1080ti  11GB

Thermaltake level 10 Corsair H1100 h2o cooling

64 GB Corsair Dominator DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz

Ch Rudder,Yoke,&Stick Itra flightboard 2000