Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

4.5 hot fix is out

3rd CTD on 3rd flight with hotfix. This time with a different plane which doesn't use the Flight1 GTN750, so it's probably not that.

All CTD's happen after about 5-10 minutes of flight.

1 hour ago, DrumsArt said:

Yes, you're right, I'll wait until all my addons are updated before doing it.

...and about my second question (6% syndrome), is there a fix for that?

Regards,

Richard

Hi Richard,

6% Syndrome, I haven't experience it, but it could be due to some rogue entries on your scenary.cfg due to faulty unistallers.

Might be worth to check it out or rebuild a new one.

Regards 

S.

17 minutes ago, SledDriver said:

3rd CTD on 3rd flight with hotfix. This time with a different plane which doesn't use the Flight1 GTN750, so it's probably not that.

All CTD's happen after about 5-10 minutes of flight.

Sled,

Very late for me here now and I need to get some sleep.

Let's reconnect tomorrow to troubleshoot your sim, this must be something out of ordinary, don't worry we will find the cause.

Regards 

Simbol 

v4.5 Hot Fix went cold for me today after two hours of frustration and failures by v4.5 Hot Fix which I was looking forward to - here is what happened.

Uninstalled 4.5 Client installed 4.5-HF Client - ran P3D and it would not boot up it kept CTD within seconds of launching. I went to LM site followed three suggested fixes made no difference.

Uninstalled all the P3D files through Windows Uninstaller then installed the full version of 4.5-HF - exact same problem, so after two hours and fully frustrated I uninstalled everything again.

Installed v4.5 (not HF) and everything was perfect - except for the original problem I was experiencing with v4.5 which is any airport (default or addon) within the ORBX installed Regions takes 4.5 to 5 minutes to load and in v4.4 those airports only took 1.5 to 2 minutes.

So I thought of going back to v4.4 but have decided to stay with v4.5 for now and put up with the long load time as I do like the graphics and a smoother flight and in my case my FPS rates did not decrease with v4.5.

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020

36 minutes ago, Dane Watson said:

v4.5 Hot Fix went cold for me today after two hours of frustration and failures by v4.5 Hot Fix which I was looking forward to - here is what happened.

Uninstalled 4.5 Client installed 4.5-HF Client - ran P3D and it would not boot up it kept CTD within seconds of launching. I went to LM site followed three suggested fixes made no difference.

Uninstalled all the P3D files through Windows Uninstaller then installed the full version of 4.5-HF - exact same problem, so after two hours and fully frustrated I uninstalled everything again.

Installed v4.5 (not HF) and everything was perfect - except for the original problem I was experiencing with v4.5 which is any airport (default or addon) within the ORBX installed Regions takes 4.5 to 5 minutes to load and in v4.4 those airports only took 1.5 to 2 minutes.

So I thought of going back to v4.4 but have decided to stay with v4.5 for now and put up with the long load time as I do like the graphics and a smoother flight and in my case my FPS rates did not decrease with v4.5.

Dane,

Don't know if you saw this one, but it appears MV_WXM.dll (in the P3D "Modules" directory) for the Rex weather radar causes a CTD when launching P3D.

Personally, I'm still angry that more than a month after initial v4.5 release Rex hasn't fixed their #@$& radar. Fortunately this is the only Rex product I own, and will definitely consider this a reason to NEVER buy another one.

• Like 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

4 hours ago, Rasterfahnder said:

@Asheroo

Try to uninstall REX EF. That did it for me. EDDT smooth and stutter free at dusk. AS4 SF Beaver Orbx LC Europa and GEN.

I did so and no change. Still there are stutters.

I loaded the latest client and no better, no worse, no crashes, I do not believe I have the type of add ons that would cause a crash.  I noticed a change though, a slight performance drop and texture issue, in one of the last 4.4 updates and I am kicking myself that I did not save the 4.4 installer, I noticed my trike metallic textures, a legacy aircraft that worked in P3D4.4 until one of the late updates, became transparent and I had to remove the offending textures from my trike, which I had created in FSDS2.  I wish there were a way I could revert back to 4.4 plain vanilla, I had no issues with it, but you snooze you lose, so to speak and Lockheed Martin does not keep legacy upgrades, once you have a new upgrade installed, if you did not back up what worked before, it is bye bye baby.  I get good performance in most areas but oddly performance around Frisco has fallen way off, which has MSE buildings.  Other areas are fine with generic buildings or especially away from water.  I have tried to turn down my water effects but no change, as I said it seems to be something put into a late 4.4 build and I am mystified as to what might have changed.  My Xplane11 installs have had progressively better performance, but P3D seems to have spiked and gone slightly downhill in certain areas.

John

Edit:  I reverted back to the 4.4 client, I found out that Lockheed Martin at least keeps the clients available.  I still have the transparency issue with my trike, but I ran my fps and smoothness benchmark and 4.4 is about 10 pct faster in fps, but more importantly much smoother, smooth as it was before the 4.5 update.   I wish I had the original 4.3 content and scenery, because 4.3 was really the sweet spot I felt, performance wise.  But I will settle with staying with 4.4 client unless someone reports a profound improvement in 4.5 from where they were previously with earlier clients.

Edited by John_Cillis

No joy for me on the 4.5 hotfix.  I've got the same problems I had with the original 4.5 - stutters (frames cycling from 30, which is the VSync lock, down to 15 and back again once a second) associated with Orbx Global scenery and freeware airports.  Most notable with demanding add-ons (e.g. A2A) but in scenarios where 4.4 gave me no issues.  Also, I've got a new glitch - a CTD when I try to adjust autogen levels with a scenario running. Have reverted to 4.4 for now.  Just posted this in the Prepar3d forum.

@Dane Watson @SledDriver and other guys who are reporting crashes (CTD) please also specify if you have addon's enabled or not! Also please specify if you took care about the CFG, the Shaders and all that housekeeping stuff.

4.5 HF is not even 24h old and some of the 3rd party stuff can cause issues even if they "look" compatible at a first glance. These reports can be misleading guys....

Cheers.

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

1 hour ago, Boeing or not going said:

Orbx Global, Trees, users be sure to uninstall then reinstall Global, Trees, and the Libraries after a new P3D install!

Why?

Bert

1 minute ago, Boeing or not going said:

These Orbx addons install over default textures that come back when running the P3D installers.

But not, if only updating the Client.. Correct?

Bert

2 hours ago, somiller said:

Dane,

Don't know if you saw this one, but it appears MV_WXM.dll (in the P3D "Modules" directory) for the Rex weather radar causes a CTD when launching P3D.

Personally, I'm still angry that more than a month after initial v4.5 release Rex hasn't fixed their #@$& radar. Fortunately this is the only Rex product I own, and will definitely consider this a reason to NEVER buy another one.

Thanks for that info - I had not seen that post...

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020

5 hours ago, simbol said:

Correct.

S.

The UI Hardware ...... = True entry exists by default on both my flying pc’s.

And it should not be there by default ?

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0